Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lubrication

Just as a follow up to this post......

The "noise" I started hearing at the 60 hour mark with my printer seems to have been fully resolved with lubrication. I haven't heard the noise since.
    From now on, ever 25 hours I'll lubricate the rails.

I can't speak for anyone else, but considering the stresses on the moving parts of a 3D printer, I would STRONGLY suggest adding periodic lubrication to the rails in order to make your printer last. Dry friction is not a good thing.

Of course printers are different and YMMV

The Creator, Creator II, Creator X have an issue with the pulley being out of alignment with the belt and this caused a noise similar to what you described. Remedied by determining which corner of the printer the noise comes from and then loosening the offending pulley (allenkey/grub screw). Moving the carriage around by hand a bit so the pulley can realign itself and then tighten.

Forgot about this til I reread this thread. I had it too on my one and it takes about a minute to do. I guess your printer is exactly the same so this might be it.

I haven't heard anything since I lubricated it for now I'll assume it needed lubrication. If the noise comes back I'll do the pulley adjust you mentioned.
    Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12