Close

Post Help with sintron kossel reprap

I bought myself a kossel sintron reprap, and since ive gotten it, ive had nothing but troubles. i got it all put together my issues are with the wiring on the ramps 1.4 and the auto level. I fired it up, it could move side to side, up and down, but if it went up and down it wont stop the motion until i unplug it. im not sure if i wired it correctly the ebay person i bought off of sent me 3 different pictures of wiring, all being different. i checked all of my stepper drivers and there all fine but one, but i replaced it. however after i replaced the driver if i tell it to move the x axis it just goes straight down into the heatbed.
    so getting to the problem, when ever i turn it on and tell it to move any of the x, y, z axis' it just rams the extruder into the heatbed and doesnt stop until i unplug the machine. the only thing i can think of is that this is because i dont have the auto level plugged in, if this is the case are there any tricks in order to get the allen wrench to actually click the switch better? the one i have just hits it lightly and i can never hear it click until i force it down with my finger.
    i am new to the 3d printers, and this probably wasnt a good first purchase, i just wanna make it work.

This link should help you with wiring:

http://www.blueeaglelabs.com/pages/instructions-guides

However, before you can send any movements to your printer you must first "Home". Send a G28 command or use the home button on pronterface. This essentially tells the computer your starting position. Kind of like, "Start here".

Kossels home to Z-Max and X0Y0. That means when it's "home" it knows it's now at the maximum Z hieght and at X0Y0.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyImperial View Post
    This link should help you with wiring:

http://www.blueeaglelabs.com/pages/instructions-guides

However, before you can send any movements to your printer you must first "Home". Send a G28 command or use the home button on pronterface. This essentially tells the computer your starting position. Kind of like, "Start here".

Kossels home to Z-Max and X0Y0. That means when it's "home" it knows it's now at the maximum Z hieght and at X0Y0.
    i did all of that, it auto calibrates and then at the end of it, it just scrapes around the perimeter of the heatbed, i can take a video of it if that will help. also that link was very usefull.

I had a similar issue once when the Z sensor started working erratically on my PBOT.

One of the things that helped was that the sensor had a little light : that way you could test it and see if it worked by putting a metal tool underneath.

I also did an "air calibration" : I voluntarily triggered the Z axis 4cm above the table to be able to check everything and still be sure I could stop it in time if there was an issue.

My issue was that wire chaffing made the connection erratic in some positions : I could do a "HOME" but not the G29 auto level command. I changed the wire and made a better routing : all fine for a year now.