Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    You could try a hyphen, which I used with www.bahamas-rental.com for a long time, and did well. Like 3dprinting-shop.com, or something of that nature. Try to put a few key worlds in, like maybe 3dprint-machine.com, or 3dprint-copier.com, etc.

Technician
    Wow 600+. that much cost you about $5,000 a year to keep registered. Would you be able post your list there? Are you looking to sell any?

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Maggie,

Branding needs to be done with careful thought because, once you start rolling with something you are going to want to stick with it as business starts to build. You don't want to just pick any ole' name to get going and then change it in two years when you realize that wasn't the best choice. Your initial post asked if something like "3dgirlz.com" (before you checked it out) was memorable enough. Not much about a name like that identifies you as a 3d printer. "Girlz" is going to be attractive to teens looking for photos of booty, not people looking for 3d printing. Yes, it's memorable, but for all the wrong reasons. So, as you search for a name and a path to do your branding, be sure that the name conveys the correct message. It can be clever but not silly. You'll be competing in a professional arena and you don't want to come off as inferior or not serious. A good way to go about it is to list a bunch of names that you think have merit and then show them to friends and family. Don't even tell them what it is for and ask them to pick out the names that they think are good. Then tell them what you are doing and go through those names and narrow it down.

Just think about it a lot before you lock in on a name you might regret because it takes too much work to get a business up an running. And once you have that momentum, it's hard to get it back if you change your name and no one knows who you are anymore.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

I could see huge amounts of money exchanging hands on domains like 3dprinting and 3dprint.com, and perhaps slightly less for 3dprinters.com and 3dprinter.com.

I don't see the appeal of all the new GTLDs. They won't ever have any significant value. 3dprintingtool.com is a good domain. It's crazy how so many people have invested so heavily into 3d printing domain names. It may be a good 10-15 years before most of these have any value. that's $90 - $150 per domain in registration fees. Quite a bit of money in my opinion. By the time 3d printing is that popular, for all we know we won't even be using domain name any longer.

Banned
    3DFuture, do you know what price 3DPrinting.Guru sold for. I'm just curious.

thanks!

Maggie,
    I couldn't find the exact sales price on Google. But just for reference, here is the link to an article about the 3DPrinting.Guru sale. http://domainshane.com/was-3dprintin...new-gtld-ever/

MessierGoal,
    I think it will take some time before 3D Printing realizes even half of its potential. However, the 3D Printing market is widely expected to undergo double-digit growth over the next decade. So, as more 3D Printing startups become established each year, the demand for 3d printing domains correspondingly rises.
    Although ipv6 may partially augment domain names once the Internet of Things takes off, I think that domain names will still be around in order to facilitate branding.

keywords in url

I can answer you that the domain name is not the only important thing for a website, a simple name sometimes holds better than composite name at google it to cons by importance, for example my case 3d-printer-files.com was already taken so I played on the second keywords and I bought 3d-printing-files.com the goal is to reach the top without having more links.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dprintingfiles View Post
    I can answer you that the domain name is not the only important thing for a website, a simple name sometimes holds better than composite name at google it to cons by importance, for example my case 3d-printer-files.com was already taken so I played on the second keywords and I bought 3d-printing-files.com the goal is to reach the top without having more links.
    I believe that the domain name 3dprintingfiles.com would rank higher than 3d-printing-files.com on domain name alone in google. I remember a while back this wasn't the case, but I think google has changes their algorithm to not favor domains with hyphens in them as much. I personally like shorter domain names. Easier to remember and type in than the longer ones.

Hello,

yes you are right but without hyphens it is even more difficult to remember for me, this is why I Chosin hyphens.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast