Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

3D Printing Domain Names

I've been looking for a good domain name for a 3D printing business i am considering starting up. i am looking for something generic like 3D printing.com, etc. i know what such a domain would cost me an arm and a leg though.

2 Questions.

- What do you think a domain like 3Dprinting.com or 3dprint.com is worth?

- Would a branded domain like 3dgirlz.com be memorable enough you think, or should I go with something more generic.

The business we be dealing with schools bringing them educational 3D printing material.

Student
    Well I just checked 3dgirlz.com .......glad I wasn't at work(NSFW).Most of the common names are going to be taken already. So you will have to be real creative with names so go for location, business type coupled with 3d.........or 3dprint........

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    From experience, I know that the majority of domain names related at all to 3D Printing have been taken. I've tried a lot before getting 3DPrintBoard.com and purchasing 3DPrint.com
    Ed

If your area of business concentrates on supplying schools with 3D printing material, consider using names that reflect that, such as schoolhous3D.com, schoolroom3D.com.

Old Man Emu

Please don't spam your sales here. Use the Self Promo Section.
    Last edited by MeoWorks; 05-17-2014 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Sales Spam

No selling of domains here, use self promo section.
    Last edited by MeoWorks; 05-17-2014 at 12:30 AM.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Generic may be fine, but since the 3d printing world is not all that small anymore you may look into a more specific domain name targeted to appeal to a more specific customer base. That would be my advice, or to devise a creative name related to your business but not literally referring to it. It may generate much more attraction and recognizability. I'm a designer and go to websites called Boingboing, Wired, PinkTentacle, it works much better than having to refer to a bunch of generic names.

Another tip is to do what they did at Grounded, you turn the last e into a 3 -> Ground3d. Or leave out a vowel - printr, makr. Just make sure it also looks appealing as a word.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDU View Post
    I have for sale at Sedo.com http://www.3dprinters3d.com You can make me an offer. Just look up my email address at WHOIS. Thanks!
    Not a bad domain, but it's kind of redundant. 3DPrint.com is an awesome domain that will eventually be worth in the $XXX,XXX or even $X,XXX,XXX

3DPrint.com will obviously be worth a mil eventually.
    As other people in this thread have mentioned, you can either get a targeted, descriptive domain, or a more generic shorter domain. The second choice can be catchier later on, but initially, it makes it harder for people to find your business.
    Gluck & let us know how your venture's developing.
    Last edited by MeoWorks; 05-17-2014 at 12:30 AM.

3dprinteducation is a good domain name. Not sure what it would be used for but eventually all colleges, universities and high schools will have 3D printers.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast