Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sorry, missed the joke.

Both extruders work during loading. I think the issue is with the software. I went back to something I printed a few weeks back and it printed it perfectly. Had a good raft, and there were no issues. Then I reloaded the same stl file in Makerbot, set it to print on the right extruder and it wouldn't print the raft. So I suspect that something in the Makerbot settings is mucked up.

I also tried printing something that I did weeks ago on the left extruder and it also printed to the left extruder as expected, and it printed the raft properly.

Does anyone have a full list of their preferred settings for Makerbot, printing pla that I could use to double check my custom values on my makerbot? Hopefully I can find which value/s are screwed up and causing the issues. Alternately, please look at the attached picture which consists of multiple screen shots of the custom settings I am using. I don't know if it is readable, as now I have uploaded it, it is very small, but l'll see how it goes. I could email to anyone who can't read it and doesn't mind taking a look.
    Device Settings.jpg

This would be really helpful and appreciated.

BIGKIWI, I think you answered your own question.

If you went back to something you printed earlier and it worked fine, then whatever you're using to create your files is doing something wrong.

Can you attach the file that is printing incorrectly AND correctly?

I would really like to look at the headers and extruder selection GCodes.

Hi Ward
    I realise the solution is at hand but not sure how to return to the 'good ol days' of no issues.
    Regarding the files, can you please advise on which type of file you would like to see? I have the .x3g files for both options, and the .stl files. But not the .thing files, as I did not save a .thing for the earlier 'good print'.

Now if I send you the .stl, then my understanding is that this is not related to the makerbot until I open it in makerbot. So that is not the right file, correct? If I send you the .x3g file, my understanding is that it is sliced and doesn't have the info you would want to see, correct? And as mentioned I don't have the .thing file for the earlier.

Looking forward to hearing what it is you wish to see.

Regards

Gcode (do you have those?)

What would be especially helpful is to see a GCode file from a working set of files and then the GCode from the one not printing to the left extruder

Hi Ward
    Couldn't find the Gcode.
    Then I thought 'well if it is in the makerbot software and not the printer....' so I uninstalled the makerware, deleted the temp files, uploaded a new makerware, and the problem appears to be fixed.
    First print has gone to the left extruder and the raft has printed.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

BigKiwi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12