Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have the same problem that Scuba. Honestly I´m a newbie in the 3D printing. I want to get in for Warhammer modeling, but I heard that even the easiest printers of the market need some desingning skills (for calibrating or adjusting the models). At kickstarter I found this project, Skriware that claims to be a really user friendly printer.It seems so. If I pledge there I will get the printer 200$ cheaper, but first i wantt to know if its specs are ok. I don´t know what are the key features to check.

This are the details shown on their website.

Printer Dimensions 330 mm (w) x 345 mm (d) x 425 mm (h)
    Weight to be added later
    Power requirements 100 - 230V 50/60 Hz 90 W
    Connectivity WiFi and Ethernet
    Printer control Full Color Touchscreen
    Operating temperature 10-30oC (50-86oF)
    File transfer WiFi, Ethernet, USB port and Skrimarket Print properties Print area 150 mm (w) x 150 mm (d) x 130 mm (h)
    X/Y resolution 0,0125 mm
    Z resolution 0,000625 mm
    Layer thickness 0,05 - 0,3 mm
    Nozzle size 0,3 mm
    Maximum nozzle temperature 235oC (455oF)
    Material type PLA, PET-G
    Material diameter 1,75 mm
    Supports Automatically generated Easily removable

I would appreciate any help. And maybe it can help Scuba Thanks in advance. And sorry for my English. I´m Spanish XD

You ave to be careful of the hype sometimes carried on 3D printing and especially the articles the founders put on this forum : many 3D printing projects have failed BIG TIME.

So, for the ~750$ of this printer that may be delivered according to its specs sometimes in the far future... you could get something reliable from an established company now.

Up to you. But PLEASE do not consider a Kickstart project as an existing product.

Engineer-in-Training
    Only thing I don't like about that design is the Z axis design, seems like it would be cause for significant resonance in fast moves

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it's on kickstarter - it's not an actual printer you can buy.

There are some truly fantastic printers available in spain at the moment that you can actually buy and actually exist :-)
    Get one of those.
    Check out these guys: awesome printers, not stupid prices: https://www.bcn3dtechnologies.com/

Engineer-in-Training
    Yes! Really liking what BCN has! Richard Horne recently reviewed one, and gotta say, I was quite impressed! Some very nice looking printers!

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    You ave to be careful of the hype sometimes carried on 3D printing and especially the articles the founders put on this forum : many 3D printing projects have failed BIG TIME.

So, for the ~750$ of this printer that may be delivered according to its specs sometimes in the far future... you could get something reliable from an established company now.

Up to you. But PLEASE do not consider a Kickstart project as an existing product.
    I know that kisckstarter is just the beggining but these swedish guys seems to be serious, no just garage dreamers. At least the website of Skriware looks profesional. The fact that more attracts me is that it seems to be very intuitive on the videos. For example the platform that they are talking about.. Skrimarket is it viable? to buy and print de models directly? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2RilwZQzms

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMadRyan View Post
    Yes! Really liking what BCN has! Richard Horne recently reviewed one, and gotta say, I was quite impressed! Some very nice looking printers!
    I read some time ago that at Barcelona there was a gastrononomic project, using 3d printig to create amazing new recipes! They were using food as raw material!

Follow Christina Jackson On Twitter Add Christina Jackson on Facebook Add Christina Jackson on Google+
    I would choose Printrbot over Makerbot. I am really satisfied with their product and customer support. Makerbot, although their printers are less expensive, they are buggy (especially the latest generations) and they have a horrible customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBitHash View Post
    I know that kisckstarter is just the beggining but these swedish guys seems to be serious, no just garage dreamers. At least the website of Skriware looks profesional. The fact that more attracts me is that it seems to be very intuitive on the videos. For example the platform that they are talking about.. Skrimarket is it viable? to buy and print de models directly? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2RilwZQzms
    I don't want to burst your bubble, but look into the market. There are dozens of 3D model websites "specialized in 3D printing". Some have been there for years now and still barely have interesting material. Many have already been trying full printer integration. Not a success.

Would you really trust someone to send orders to your machine remotely ? It it fails or damages your printer, how do you handle the liability ?

Turn it however you want, not a good feature at this stage of things. When the machines will be able to provide useful feedback on what they're doing : updated configuration, real time position, filament presence, filament clog, filament remaining ... then they will be too expensive to sit on your desktop.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Makerbot, although their printers are less expensive,
    you mean a LOT more expensive, surely :-)

if you're in spain - get a bcn3d. It's a real no brainer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast