Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Engineer-in-Training
    That structure may be hard to print, or even impossible, without that printer. But the resin itself, the implication from their video is that the resin will be useful in instances other than their patented architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    But the resin itself, the implication from their video is that the resin will be useful in instances other than their patented architecture.
    I agree the video makes it sound like all similar printers can use the technique. Maybe things have moved on in their research since the 2013 patent.

A whole category of materials just arrived with interesting engineering properties. Whatever the restrictions its still incredibly exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by /dev/null View Post
    After reading the forum I think current resin that is going to be used for Peachy Juice can have shrinkage up to 8%. That's a lot, especially on larger prints. I wonder, did anybody tried with current Peachy prototype FTD resin? I do not know about its surface tension, but its viscosity seems to be similar to MakerJuice G+ resin. Its cost seems to be reasonable, €45 per kg (almost 1L). By the way, what is acceptable surface tension for Peachy Printer? For example, MakerJuice G+ resin have 36.5 dyn/cm surface tension.

The reason I ask is because I'm considering to preorder Peachy Printer, but I feel hesitant to preorder Peachy Juice because of its extreme shrinkage. I realize that it can be partially compensated by software, but I think that using a resin with more than order of magnitude less shrinkage could improve print quality, especially for prints that are not small.

So my question is, will be I able to use third-party resin as "Peachy Juice", assuming its surface tension is within acceptable range? Clearly, this may require somewhat different calibration and settings, so in order for this to be possible software needs to allow to make necessary adjustments.

Also, it may be worth considering to officially reselling different resins as more than one kind of Peachy Juice (so they could be used out-of-the-box by more people), it's not just about shrinkage, resins can also differ in flexibility, temperatures they can withstand after curing, etc. Some UV-curable resins can be used to make high-temp resistant parts or even molds for metal casting.
    Hey Thanks for the suggestion we finally got some FTD Snow White and tested it. You can read about it here: http://peachyprinter.ipbhost.com/ind...w-white-blend/

Peachy Printer Founder
    Oh and a big thanks to Dragon.sh who contacted FTD and then posted some great info.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123