Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think they are in Ohio, USA

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    I think they are in Ohio, USA
    Then it's definitely trouble sleeping.... trust me.

But assuming they won't reply is pretty much a defeatest attitude. At the very least send them a nice inquiry, at the very least it will place you higher in their CS queue after the holiday.

If they're customer support is decent enough, they'll at least fire back a "We'll look into it" reply.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    no longer a download link - you go to the website and sign into your account - then you can download it.

it's an anti-piracy measure. you also have to sign into the account for the software to work.

So check the receipt for any account info. should be in there somewhere.

IN fact didn't you have to create an acount to pay for it in the first place ?

https://cloud.simplify3d.com/account/login

should look like pic below with download link clearly available.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-29-2015 at 01:45 PM.

oh yeah have alook at the videos as well - loads of stuff I didn't know :-)

Like you can actually change the default idiot settings. :-)
    Save time if I know the low, medium, and high settings are the ones I set myself.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQP0KuWKndRvvTbLVYWZXnQ/videos

Ah - just found out you can make a low poly ,odel with it as well.
    As the skull I'm trying to make a mould of for my niece has too much detail and crashes openscad - that'll be useful :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    Then it's definitely trouble sleeping.... trust me.
    But assuming they won't reply is pretty much a defeatest attitude. At the very least send them a nice inquiry, at the very least it will place you higher in their CS queue after the holiday.
    If they're customer support is decent enough, they'll at least fire back a "We'll look into it" reply.
    Assuming they won't reply during a holiday is not "defeatist"...it's common sense.

Well, it's Thanksgiving so they aren't going to be in today of course.

They may not be back until next week. No telling.

Meanwhile, I'm studying Gcode and trying to learn enough to use ReplicatorG. (silver lining)
    That's unnecessary. Makerware is perfectly good software that works beautifully with replicator clones. Until you get your S3D issues sorted out this should be your go-to software.

Assuming they won't reply during a holiday is not "defeatist"...it's common sense.
    Actually, I think CA has it right : connect to your account and you'll find the download links. Have you tried that ?

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    Actually, I think CA has it right : connect to your account and you'll find the download links. Have you tried that ?
    LambdaFF

No, he had it wrong. There was no account access. They were not in the office over the holidays (which is to be expected). When they returned Monday (Thanksgiving was Thursday) I got an email from them and the issue was fixed. I tried at least a dozen times over the holiday to go to my account, but the account was not available. So, as I said, they did not reply until after the holiday, and there was no account accessible. Fortunately they were not gone for an extended holiday and sent me the link on Monday.

All in all, this is not such a big deal. It was just frustration Thursday after paying for the software and not having access immediately. I was being whiney. But I was also hoping someone might know a trick to get access so I could play over the holiday. That didn't happen. In the meantime it forced me to try several different software platforms and do a good bit of GCode studying....I'm WAY ahead of where I was ....so as I posted earlier, there was perhaps a silver lining in the cloud.

To the credit of S3D, they took care of it very early in the morning when they returned.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Ah.. but nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Or some such cliche crap like that.

Glad you got it sorted!

No, he had it wrong. There was no account access.
    wihich you never mentioned - we're not psychic.

If you want answers - try and give some information to base them on :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast