Close

Odd Printing Question

I have a FFCP clone.

It will only print up to 8.9" height x 5.7" width x 5.9" length

Unfortunately I would like to print something that is long and flat 6.5" long x 3.5" wide x .125 thick"

Since I obviously do not have the width needed, what would happen if I tried to print that object On EDGE ?
    I'm assuming I would have warp city and it'd be about as wavy as the surf on a windy day.

Do I have no choice but to buy a 2nd 3D printer with a larger build volume to get that extra .6 inches?

Split your article in two or more parts print and them separately. Then you can join then later.

You can most certainly print it without cutting it. Just rotate it on the bed (something like 30°) I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    I have a FFCP clone.

Unfortunately I would like to print something that is long and flat 6.5" long x 3.5" wide x .125 thick"

Since I obviously do not have the width needed, what would happen if I tried to print that object On EDGE ?
    I'm assuming I would have warp city and it'd be about as wavy as the surf on a windy day.

Do I have no choice but to buy a 2nd 3D printer with a larger build volume to get that extra .6 inches?
    Just rotate the object to fit the bed-space diagonally , in the slicer software, if it will fit that way ?

Go to this thread, to see what I did to solve those problems:
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ender-brackets

Our bed is now 11" long.
    (There's a picture of the extenders in that thread but you must click the website's hidden-pages to see it ! ??? )
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 11-25-2015 at 01:23 PM.

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    You can have it printed separately then assemble them afterwards.

Student
    Follow stronghero3d On Twitter Add stronghero3d on Facebook Add stronghero3d on Google+ Add stronghero3d on Thingiverse
    I know can improve the "config" file of print area/size in makerware file folder, and then just put a glass on top of the heat plate.

Engineer-in-Training
    I have a FFCP clone.

You are mixing up your X,Y and Z dimensions.

The FFCP has a print bed of 8.9" width (X-direction) by 5.7" deep (Y-direction) and can print up to a height of 5.9" (Z-direction).

Your object fits perfectly on your printbed with room to spare in all directions????

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you've got the dimensions the wrong way round.
    It's because americans always put numbers in the wrong order.

so it's actually 8.9 long by 6 wide by 6 high.

so: 6.5" long x 3.5" wide x .125 thick"
    will fit on the bed without any problems.