Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CTC SLA Riverside 3d Printer Review

Just wanted to post my review of this printer for all to watch... there is good and bad here for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPYE...ature=youtu.be

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    that is one seriously TIDY workshop !

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    that is one seriously TIDY workshop !
    I actually just finished moving it all around and cleaning it top to bottom..it wont likely stay that way

We really enjoyed the video, very informative.

I can see how that type printer would be good for printing small detailed objects,
    for something like N & HO-gauge Train-layout figures.
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 11-26-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    We really enjoyed the video, very informative.

I can see how that type printer would be good for printing small detailed objects,
    for something like N & HO-gauge Train-layout figures.
    Glad you like it... I bought it as an entry in to resin printing to test it out. ended up getting about half my money refunded (i demanded it) for the broken LCD and the fact that I think it was used... SO i have much less of an investment now as well.
    I have another resin printing coming in the mail tomorrow, so we will see how that works.

reminds me, i need to do some reviews.
    Flashforge Creator Pro
    Geckotek Build Plates
    Taz 5

Student
    Hello, thanks for the video! I am interested in buying the same machine CTC here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SLA-precision-3d-printer-laser-3d-printer-the-photosensitive-resin-printers-/351575297157?hash=item51db854c85:g:5~QAAOSwhcJWQbF p
    I would like to know if the seller is the same as yours in order to avoid it!
    Kind Regards,
    Luis

So what are peoples thought about this printer, i mean for $880 its not bad at all but then again so many issues with basic things like software, the top lid and no support.

I havent used it in months. but then again i havent used my resin printers in months either.
    For the money i think its fairly good, you just have to assume ZERO level of support.
    The quality is a TON better than FDM printers, but not quite the same as my Muve3d DLP printer.

I heard that they remade this with there own software now.

Ok... so i just busted this thing out again after a long break.. It is really incredible how well it works.... Im printing an entire chess set , 32 pieces in 4 total prints. QUality is pretty amazing (when you swap the stock vat for a PDMS layer vat)
    Ill post some pics when im done with this board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast