Close

making the move into 3d printing

hey guys
    I have been looking around the internet for an answer to this question have only really found bits of advice and news so I was wondering if the people on here could help.

Basically I have been training in 3d with the aim of getting into the entertainment industries (video games and films) but after seeing so much about 3d printing and the real world benefits of it I would like to transition over but i'm not sure what job opportunities this industry offers someone with my skill set. I have been looking at tutorials for 3d printing and understand its requirements and would love to be part of this exciting new industry

In summary: I have a degree in video games design, I have experience in 3ds studio max , maya and zbrush and would like to know what companies would be interested in some with my skills and what I can be doing to help my chances.

Look forward to hearing from you guys
    thanks alot

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    get a job in the games industry and then sell 3d printed objects and characters from games on the side :-)

Seems to be a LOT of money in bespoke printed objects from games :-)

If you want to see the difference between 3Dmodeling for games and 3dprinting, go get a look at the design requirements in Shapeways and Sculpteo and 3D print a couple of your designs. You should be able to adjust quickly, it's more common sense than rocket science.