Close

The BigRep 3D Printer - 1,147 x 1,000 x 1,188 mm (45 x 39 x 47 inches) Build Size

This is a crazy printer. It can print a whole table.

The build size is an incredible
    1,147 x 1,000 x 1,188 mm (45 x 39 x 47 inches)

The price? $39,000. And it begins shipping in April or May of this year! Anyone buying one? LOL

Look what you can print

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    That looks nice. How long do you think it takes to print that table at, say, 100 micron layer height? Two months?

Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    That looks nice. How long do you think it takes to print that table at, say, 100 micron layer height? Two months?
    LOL, I can only imagine. You'd think it would take weeks, if not longer.

Is this a RepRap offshoot?

3DPrint.com just did an article on this. I agree it would be interesting to see a real time video of this thing in action. i do imagine it would take a heck of a lot fo time to print anything of substantial size. $39k is pretty hefty a price too, but I guess there is a niche for everything. I'd certainly take one to test out

Well if its that large it has got to have at least 4 hotends to print in different materials

Engineer
    Nice, here is a picture from Inside 3D Printing Berlin, where the Bigrep was showed off. This picture really shows off the enormity of this thing: