Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Did you see this in the BeckDac Configuration.h file?
    Code:
        // set the max number of grid points per dimension
        // The G29 command defaults to 3 if nothing is specified.  But setting the number of probed 
        // points higher is very useful when getting a Bed Topology Report  (G29 n 5 T)
        #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS 5

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Did you see this in the BeckDac Configuration.h file?
    Code:
        // set the max number of grid points per dimension
        // The G29 command defaults to 3 if nothing is specified.  But setting the number of probed 
        // points higher is very useful when getting a Bed Topology Report  (G29 n 5 T)
        #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS 5
    Yes I did, mine was set to 3 but when i tried 4 or 5 instead it does not change the number of points sampled. I tried clearing my eeprom before uploading my changed firmware with no success. I also tried running an M502 then M500 to re-write the eeprom settings with the new firmware and i still only get a 3x3 grid (9 point sample).

The #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS 5 says the max number of grid points is a 5 x 5 matrix. It will default to 3 x 3.

Did you use a lower case 'n' when you specified the number of grid points? Did you say G29 n 5 ???

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    The #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS 5 says the max number of grid points is a 5 x 5 matrix. It will default to 3 x 3.

Did you use a lower case 'n' when you specified the number of grid points? Did you say G29 n 5 ???
    OH MY GOD! I am not a smart man....I have been running the G29 command without any other items....just "G29".

I thought that line specified the number of grid points per axis and the G29 command read that at run-time and used it for the n variable....I didn't know I had to run a G29 n 5 to get 5 points per axis. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12