Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yes, I would really like to hear your results if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    petg tends to not bridge well but i can see why at 200deg you are not having problems with that. its usually printed at 240-250. 200 deg is going to give you less than great layer adhesion. i have printed somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-60kg of esun petg. some is smooth and some has texture. never in all the spools have i had an issue with either type. all comes off the spool just fine. the texture is there to theoretically reduce friction in feed tubes by lowering the contact. i dont think it really matters much with hard plastics. ninjaflex and other flexibles usually need a slightly textured surface to feed properly. i got a report from esun that petg is now outselling abs.
    Yes, I can see how the Rough surface of filament could Help it going thru extruder,
    more friction at feed-gear should really help, also.

Seems to be Great layer-adhesion at 200C,
    I do have it going a little slower when doing outer-walls, with a small size nozzle (.3mm).

Filament hung-up twice on this spool, so far, when it got trapped at outer edge of spool.

I like PETG Much Better than ABS !
    I like Any filament Better than ABS ! LOL
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 11-25-2015 at 07:21 AM.

Engineer
    you prob know this already but when removing filament from your printer NEVER let the end of the filament go. if filament gets tangled, 99.9% of the time its from the user letting the end of the filament go when removing the spool from the printer. i hear ya on the abs.

Student
    Follow stronghero3d On Twitter Add stronghero3d on Facebook Add stronghero3d on Google+ Add stronghero3d on Thingiverse
    PETG is much flexible , I print at 230 deg in nozzle, and 100 deg in heat bed.
    No cracking at all

I really should try PETG sometime.

Perhaps this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Perhaps this one...
    Here is what that one looks like. I just now printed the wheels, so you can see a few cat whiskers that need to be cleaned up on the wheels:

20151126_080326.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123