Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Filaments

I don't use the guide tubes any more, I'm pretty sure they were just mildly snug. I found it a lot easier to hang the spools of filament from a rod above the printer. It makes changing the filaments a lot easier as I don't have to get behind the printer to do so.

Yep, the spring holds the filament tight against the drive gear and pushing on the lever gives you room to insert or pull out the filament.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Can someone make recommendations on filaments that work really well with the FFCP ?
    Esun. Top stuff.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    anything from reprapper tech.

Also any pla made with ingeo pellet.
    Any polymaker filament.

I got two rolls of esun pla with my k-n-p - worst filament I've ever used. The white just breaks randomly and the black wouldn't produce a clean print.

weird, as everybody else rates it. No idea.

I've tried some filament from acouple new chinese companies that's been pretty good too. I'll dig the names out later :-)

To be honest - including the dirt cheap ebay stuff - the esun is the only filament I've had any issues with (and anything by taulman - that stuff just won't play ball).

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Esun. Top stuff.
    You tried Hatchbox? I have tried a few Esun rolls and they have never been as good of quality as Hatchbox is (Only really ordered Esun because Hatchbox was currently out of stock of the colors I wanted)

I'm new to this but I purchased hatch box and printed a new spool and all has been working good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    You tried Hatchbox? I have tried a few Esun rolls and they have never been as good of quality as Hatchbox is (Only really ordered Esun because Hatchbox was currently out of stock of the colors I wanted)
    No I haven't. We don't have the variety available to us in SA.

If you've had trouble with eSun, was that the PLA or PETG (or both)? I've heard nothing but good with eSUN PETG.

I just ordered two spools of eSUN PETG, so I'm hoping the issues were not with PETG?

Technician
    For me, any old thing with ABS. But PLA it has to be Faberdashery everytime.
    Very consistent prints across all their (extensive) range of colours. Once it was all dialled in I have not used anything else now as I can just hit print and never get any issues with it.

Engineer
    i have used almost every esun filament except pla since i dont print that ever. i pretty much moved over to esun a year and a half ago. i print alot of it. i keep 3 printers running 16-20 hrs a day. i can say in the 100+ spools i have been through and every plastic type it has all been spot on. i have only had 1 issue with a bulge in the filament but it all prints awesome. i have measured the shrink rates and their stuff has less warp that many others also. i have used many high end filaments also and have found all esun stuff to be just as good or better. all top notch and 1/2 the cost. with that said though, filament in general has come a long way in the past 3 years. 3 years ago there was a ton of junk out there and you really had to watch what you bought. any more finding something that is really bad or junk is few and far between. prices have dropped a ton also.

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    I'd definitely recommend ESUN!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast