Close

PLA extrusion problem

Hi, I started printing in PLA and everything was fine, but recently, the filament stopped extruding continuously through the nozzle even though I didn't change any of the settings. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the filament because I switched to abs and it worked fine, even on nylon and ninjaflex. It had been raining for a few days so I thought maybe it absorbed some humidity so I followed this http://www.taulman3d.com/drying-materials.html to try and dry it for about 5 hours. Still, i can see the extruder skip some steps at intervals. I am printing on an airwolf HD. I was printing at 195 just fine for a couple of weeks, then I tried 200 and 205 once it started malfunctioning but no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Technician
    I hate to point the finger at the filament but, it seems like you confirmed it with the other materials....

OK??? And my guess with no other information is he bought some cheap filament off of eBay. I do that all the time. And I get stung again and again....

And I'll give you one guess where the cheap non-working filament comes from....

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    america ?
    ;-)

Technician
    Shame shame shame

I actually got it straight from airwolf. What I'm confused about is that it printed well for a while, then suddenly I ran into this problem