Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nope. If it's really a CCD cam, then it has changeable settings. If not, then it's a CMOS cam. Do you have a link to the one you have?

The reason I thought it is a CCD is because they called it a CCD camera on the thingiverse.com website
    at mounting-case download and info page, for that camera. But I suppose he could be wrong.

This is link to eBay page where I bought it
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/191698258385...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I found this eBay seller that calls it a CCD camera:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-HD-700T...3D231595071670
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 11-15-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Ok, first... the price makes me question authenticity. second... the place you bought it from lists this feature: "6 . Support OSD menu" so, if you got a manual, it should tell you how to access it. If not, I'd suggest that you ask the seller how to access said menu, simply because I have grave doubts that you bought what you think you bought and somehow doubt that he can back up that feature.

Even that second link (once again... that price...) it shows that there are a lot of options but... I sure as heck don't see how you'd access them...

What printer are you using?

I have 4 quads. But 2 are DJI's and two are less expensive brands.

I can understand how building your own is a great experience. The high tech ones are cool and all, but half the fun is the DIY part.

I'm designing a lot of accessories for mine.

I can vouch for the $69.00 SJ4000 (original version) camera.
    The 1080p video I get from it is every bit as good as my $400 GoPro. Sometimes the colors are better and night video is significantly better.

Looking forward to seeing your updates on your quad build.

It looks like a FF Creator Pro clone, no?

I use MicroCenter's FF Creator Pro clone.

Not only is building your own a great experience but it also gets you right into how everything works. I use Naze32 Flight Control boards and you can set these up and tune them to whatever works best for you.

Since you've printed up the frame, arms, legs, spacers, mounts, etc... you pretty much know how exactly how everything fits together, so designing whatever other accessories just becomes an extension of your other prints. That's how I was able to remake the tilt gimbal to fit just so.

The Mobius's 1080p is great video. The nice thing about this is that every single frame is a potential picture or desktop background.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    What printer are you using?
    I have 4 quads. But 2 are DJI's and two are less expensive brands.
    I can understand how building your own is a great experience. The high tech ones are cool and all, but half the fun is the DIY part.
    I'm designing a lot of accessories for mine.

I can vouch for the $69.00 SJ4000 (original version) camera.
    The 1080p video I get from it is every bit as good as my $400 GoPro. Sometimes the colors are better and night video is significantly better.

Looking forward to seeing your updates on your quad build.
    Our printer is a CTC-Bizer, with some modifications it has been great.
    Yes, it's great to be able to just Print a new part if one is damaged or you want to change the design, also.

Thanks for info about GoPro type cameras.
    I have one of the clones ordered and should be here this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    Ok, first... the price makes me question authenticity. second... the place you bought it from lists this feature: "6 . Support OSD menu" so, if you got a manual, it should tell you how to access it. If not, I'd suggest that you ask the seller how to access said menu, simply because I have grave doubts that you bought what you think you bought and somehow doubt that he can back up that feature.

Even that second link (once again... that price...) it shows that there are a lot of options but... I sure as heck don't see how you'd access them...
    When I bought it I was hoping it would work without changing any settings !

The little Manual I got with it says Nothing about Accessing any settings menu,
    so it may not be my first choice for a primary camera but may be okay for second camera ??

Banned
    Add 3Dalloy.cc on Facebook Add 3Dalloy.cc on Google+

cant wait to see your products.

cant wait to see your products.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    When I bought it I was hoping it would work without changing any settings !
    Based on the second link you put up, it says, "Hassle free. Plug and play." That means of course, that they have it set up for what they think you might want. Personally, for me that sort of goes against the grain of DIY. If I want something their way I'll buy a Phantom or something. I like things my way.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    The little Manual I got with it says Nothing about Accessing any settings menu,
    so it may not be my first choice for a primary camera but may be okay for second camera ??
    ANY camera is okay. Especially when you're new to this. For me the idea is to not have to buy and buy and buy until I finally get it right but rather research and research and research in the hopes that I can buy once and remain happy as I go down the road.

Yes, for First try I'll be Happy to get Any video down !

The main thing I'm concerned about now is Vibration effecting camera (jello effect, etc).
    I see all sorts of mount designs at thingiverse, from rock-solid to huge rubber shock mounts.
    I think I'll try a solid bolted mount first and see how that works ??

Solid mounts are much Easier to print Also !
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 11-16-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast