Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 3d scanner

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post
    Great Ideas everyone!
    Iv tried using a very old version of the peachy to move the laser in a line quick enough to simulate a line laser lens.. its a great idea and it still has potential.
    one of the problems with doing that is the that typical web cams dont give you control over the exposure time, and the exposure time adjusts automatically, so its tricky to
    get expose a line that dosent overlap uneven brightness. The first scans shown in the main campaign video did use a peachy printer with one mirror vibrating very quickly. and as a temporary solution I used a DSLR camera which allowed me to control the exposure times and minimize this problem.
    I like the idea of a scanner hack where a line laser ( with a line laser lense) is placed in the peachy printer head and one of the mirrors causes the plane of light coming from the laser to move across the model.

We also wrote software quite some time a go that takes N video frames and mixes them together to create a long exposure shot... for example filming at 30 frames per second, you can take 60 frames to get a 2 second exposure image. This could be useful when drawing a grid.

I Think the first version of the scanner will be simpler than these ideas but I can see how as scanner hack today could become the standard 2.0 scanner of tomorrow.
    oh and something to stop it a precise spot... yes Ill see if I can work that in today, seems useful.
    Rylan.... I've done a lot of googling and thinking and I definitely think your idea where Peachy sweeps a vertical line laser across the object is definitely the way to go. This duplicates scanners with multiple lasers like the sardauscan. Version 1.0 of Peachy Scanner should definitely go for that and I think like sardauscan, it has a high chance of success. People could use the Peachy Printer to print any required support items.
    Last edited by mike_biddell; 11-25-2015 at 10:09 AM.

What if we were to use a polar platform (a rotating platform off center of a rotating platform) and have the laser scan vertically, sweep horizontally, and then diagonally? Yes it would take a long time to scan but wouldn't the scans be more complete?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234