Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CTC Problems or 3D newbie problem.

Hello...

I bought a CTC duall extruder 3D printer on ebay and I'm having some problems... I'm using makerware 3.8 software and sailfish 7.7 and I'm not able to set temperature... i choose on the soft. extruder temp. 220 and bed temp. 90, i send all to print i see on the printer lcd all starting to warm up but the extruder shows always 230 / 230 the bend shows 110/110. is this correct? Shouldn't it show extruder temp. 220/230 and bed 90/110?
    Also also tried print from SD card same thing....

Also in can print PLA using the standard profile of makerware but i get clogs...cant pring using high profile it doesent stick to the bed (using glass bed) tried using heated bed... and no heated bed also same things... tested temp of 200... 210... 220... with 230 it sticks to the bed but because its too hot the pla is very soft and the print is very bad...

Mods done... only glass bed for now...

Also... when i select home position the extruder goes all the way to back and right side off the printing bed... is that normal?!

Sorry for all the questions but im a newbie on 3d printing and i dont know what to what to expect...

Thanks in advance.

I had problems trying to use latest version of Makerware, also,
    I'm using version 2.4 that came with printer.
    All other Slicer software I've tried has had some kind of compatibility problem,
    so had to go back to 2.4.

I've never changed firmware, so don't know about Sailfish, Sorry.

Were the temp settings working correctly before you changed the Firmware ?
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 11-13-2015 at 09:17 AM.

Hello...

the problem about the temp i think is beacuse of the pre heating settings that is set by default to 230 for extruders and 110 for the bed on sailfish 7.7 im goind to put all to zero and see if i can control the temp. with makerware...

But now i have a some doughts about bed leveling... as ive read about you have to use a piece of paper... so... i get the extruder to front center and level the bed until it scratchs the paper... do the same to left... then right side... but when i go back to front center i dont feel the scratch on the paper... is that normal? the same happens at the back.... for me to feel some grip at center the left or right is too tight!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    I had problems trying to use latest version of Makerware, also,
    I'm using version 2.4 that came with printer.
    I've never changed firmware, so don't know about Sailfish, Sorry.

Were the temp settings working correctly before you changed the Firmware ?

Hello!
    this is the best print i got until now...using preheat settings of extruder 230... and bed 55, with makerware i can set temp. but the printer dosent do that command... So i have use the printer menu, also tried to disable the pre heating menu... but if i do that... the printer wont heat and trys to print...

Tried to print with lower temp but the result was bad the first line of filment wouldnt stick to the bed even if i use glue stick ta 230 e works...it sticks like hell...
    the print is not very good... but it was the best for now...

20151114_090820.jpg20151114_091345.jpg20151114_091425.jpg20151114_092117.jpg20151114_092844.jpg
    Last edited by BlackMist; 11-14-2015 at 04:09 AM.

Senior Engineer
    You are under extruding. Do you have nozzle size and filament size set correctly in your slicer?

Hello...

im using makerware and set the filament to 1.75mm, the nozzle size i dident check, where do i set it up on the makerware soft?

Thanks in advance.

Senior Engineer
    I do not know, I never use it, I use Cura only.

Hello...

Do you use cura with ctc? Does it work with ctc printers?

Senior Engineer
    I use Cura to slice and make Gcode. I then use RepG to convert it to X3G so that the printer understands it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    I use Cura to slice and make Gcode. I then use RepG to convert it to X3G so that the printer understands it.
    I would like to test cura... but i cant make it work printing for sd card... when it starts to print... the extruder goes to one of the sides and i hear "Clicking" noise and i have to cancel all...

Can you give me the settings for cura?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast