Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Novice - Please Help

Hi Guys,

I am new to the 3D Printer game and am looking to buy a 3D Printer from 400 to 500.00 dollars. I was looking at the

Geeetech Prusa Reprap Acrylic I3 X DIY LCD filament 3D Printer support 6 materials +1KG free PLA filament

http://www.amazon.com/Geeetech-Acryl...s=3d+printer+6

Can you please let me know with your experience if this is a good buy or should I go in a different direction. I was looking at this as it would allow me to print 6 different materials. I am looking to print telescope and plastic parts for a car as well as other things. I have heard good things about the RepRap and wanted to know if I should look at another printer.

thank you

Senior Engineer
    Do not buy from Geeetech, they suck.

What do you recommend withe my price range? 500 is my cap.

Senior Engineer
    The choice of printer type is fine but Geeetech are not a good company for support and they overspec what they sell. People often find it will not do what the spec says.

Do you have any recommendation on printers that would be good for me? Anything you can recommend would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by jackalsmp View Post
    Do you have any recommendation on printers that would be good for me? Anything you can recommend would be great.
    I like the CTC-Bizer, which is $450. on eBay, (the last time I looked).
    We have one and with a few modifications it has been a Great printer.

Note: most of the modifications needed can be downloaded from thingiverse.com and printed
    See info about modifications needed in the CTC section of this website
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 11-11-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Printrbot is nice and realiable. You can upgrade the machine when you come to more cash.

Have a question are there files to cut the parts needed to create the CTC Bizer? I have a laser cutting machine and wanted to see if I can build it cheaper. Any help would be great.

Have a question are there files to cut the parts needed to create the CTC Bizer? I have a laser cutting machine and wanted to see if I can build it cheaper. Any help would be great.
    Look on youmagine, that's a good place to start

I suggest that you Not try to build your First 3D-printer.
    Buy one and learn what is Good and what is Not good.
    And then you may have the knowledge to build your own design.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast