Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thin Cardboard - notepad backing and hanging retail packaging cardboard.

A couple months ago my son was working a print project - an InMoov Robot hand. He was having some warping and sticking problems (Like you haven't heard or seen that.) when, he quickly got up and took the glass off the printer's heated bed. He next tore the cardboard backing off a hang up retail package of chair coasters and taped it to the heated bed. I started to kinda wobble and make gurgling sounds and he said --- the heat would transfer through the thin cardboard, it would bend with the part as the part warped, if it did, and glue sticks to the cardboard. Why not the plastic? My head spun. My mouth hung and my mind grappled at smoky thoughts as my lips quivered trying to form words to convey something. Anything. Then, I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Makes sense, give it a go." He was anyway.... Thin cardboard worked very well. He progressed to the lousy plastic and hot end jamming. :-P

I personally swear by glass with painters tape. Just seems to work the best for me on the majority of my prints. Anyone else in the same boat?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12