Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi everyone,
    Please make sure that when you install the software, the internet and hardware is connected well.
    One more thing, close the anti-virus software and the firewall.
    If you don't know how to do, tell me.
    My email is einscan_support@shining3d.com

Could you tell me more information?
    Maybe with email, some pictures will be good.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Alfred_t_s,

I couldn't place the .ple file into the folder v1.7.1 as requested, because it wouldn't give me the opportunity to Browse to it with the installer. The internet connection happened so quick, and flashed on screen for 20ms, so impossible to take screenshots. However, just woke up in the UK, and downloaded the software again.
    What worked for me...

1. Save the download to a new folder & Extract
    2. Find your .ple file and place in this new folder
    3. Double click the Einscan-S.exe file that is in this folder
    4. Ignore messages about firewalls etc (unnecessary now)
    5. Follow software instructions, but when asked for Username & Password, do so but select the local folder option NOT internet afterwards.
    7. Success. You get the licence splash screen, click accept and all is good again.

Mike

PS The internet was connected, as I had an open browser displaying the 3dker website previously.
    Last edited by 24c; 11-03-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Alfred, I think that Shining3D had some explaining to do if it asks its users to disable antivirus and firewall protections doing installation. These are serious protections that pose no problem for properly written software.

Follow EinScan-S On Twitter Add EinScan-S on Facebook
    Dear All,
    EinScan-V1.7.2 is released by Shining 3D. Our team repaired some bugs on the software V1.7. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    This version is mainly to make an adjustment to the software installation and registration process. In addition, the pattern on interface of EinScan-S is changed in the new version software.

When you enter the 3Dker website (www.3dker.com/design/scan.html), you could download the software directly and no need to sign in. After download, the installation and registration process begins.
    Please make sure the computer network and the device are both well connected.

cover.jpg

What new in V1.7.2
    (1) You will be informed with a notice when:
    · the computer is non-64bit system
    · off the firewall during installation
    · network is not connected
    · devices are not well connected

(2) Problems are solved when:
    · software can’t be downloaded when the computer built-in camera is on
    · PLE license file can’t be downloaded or crashed when connecting to scanner

(3) New Added:
    · Get license from local. You can manually put the license file(.ple file) into the installation folder if you are already with the PLE from your supplier.

You can download the software installation instruction PDF here!

If you have any problems, please contact einscan_support@shining3d.com. Thank you very much.

Shining3d Team

Email:sales@shining3d.com

TEL:+86-571-82999050  

Facebook: www.facebook.com/shining3d

Twitter: www.twitter.com/shining3d

Instagram: https://instagram.com/shining3d/

Company: www.shining3d.com

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hi Einscan-S
    Thank you for the change log.
    I looked at the .pdf for the install, and "Get licence from local" is not quite correct... you cannot move the .ple file to the local set up unless you create the folder yourself when you download and extract the install application.
    If your computer opens the downloaded software directly, then the install process will fail.
    All it needs at the licence options, is a "Browse" function like you see when installing drivers that come on a preloaded CD, that way you can point the software to your licence aka .ple file in your system.... otherwise create a folder in the initial install process, and ask people to move their .ple file into this with another splash screen.

Ideally the software should auto update, just a 2¢ reaction
    Mike
    PS Agree with neveroddoreven about the firewall malarkey

Student
    I've uninstalled v1.07 and upgraded to v1.07.2 but when running the software and going to "About", it says I have version v1.7.0.5 installed! Does that mean I haven't installed v1.07.2 properly or have you not updated the "About" info?

I have to agree with neveroddoreven and 24c. Why do we need to disable these things? And what's up with the registration/licensing with user accounts, etc? I understand to register to get a license key or when buying there is a license key included but I have rarely seen user accounts being added during the install process for software to control hardware. This really wasn't something discussed in the kickstarter.

Hi. Just bought one and trying to download 1.7.3. It says "file to match the device is not existing. How do I register the device to manually download a PLE file?

Edit: That's ok it was on the memory stick.

Thanks.
    Last edited by bitsmisin; 03-17-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12