Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Follow 3DWP On Twitter Add 3DWP on Shapeways Add 3DWP on Thingiverse

Software version 1.7

I saw the updated 3dker website and: new software version 1.7!

Come and get it :-)

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    That's great, so what's new?
    Trying to use it, but it keeps crashing error log screenshots FYI
    I can't even get to the calibration screen either

Mike
    Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 08.10.10.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-30 at 08.09.19.jpg

I was able to do calibration, three turntable scans and two free scans using the v1.7 software. I first recovered my .ple file from the v1.6 firmware, uninstalled v1.6 and then installed v1.7 without issue.

I haven't noticed any new features yet but I wasn't looking for them either.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hi neveroddoreven

Yep, I've got it working now, and although the program still stopped working on meshing a low res texture turntable scan, I think the meshing with the test objects is better, and my test Sunbeam sample looks flatter and smoother despite the annoying turntable cut offs.
    Like you I had to uninstall v1.6, and I too copied my .ple file into the Einscan folder, but the reason why I got the error logs... I hadn't hooked the VGA cable to the adaptor! :doh
    Thanks for your post, as I forgot to update my earlier post on this thread, and I've left my mistake up, in case anybody is as daft as me.
    I haven't noticed any new features yet either, as I am still doing turntable test scans, but the software front end is looking prettier, and unscanned areas (shadows) are being resolved in the auto meshing better.
    It seems to take slightly longer to do this now, but maybe it's my imagination.

Mike

Follow 3DWP On Twitter Add 3DWP on Shapeways Add 3DWP on Thingiverse
    I'm getting pretty annoyed now with this software.. I can't install 1.7 because the device can't connect when entering account and password.. I've reset it, got the password and still doesn't work. I've tried version 1.6, everything works so the device connects just fine I would think. But I can't scan anything well in 1.6 because all models get cut off and the meshing goes wrong suddenly. I have tried the ini file and cutoff plabe but that will crash (again) the buggy software!!

I can see the potential because the previews look amazing but I have very very few succesfull scans so far.. A bit disappointed about the software

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hi 3DWP,

What error codes are you getting? I had a problem with passwords too, as I forgot my original one, then discovered I had 3 (I used another email address), so I visited the 3dker website in v1.6 ( I hadn't uninstalled it, hence the first error I got trying to install v1.7) and changed the password in this, as it had the correct details in "My Devices".
    I uninstalled the software, and logged in using the changed password, and other than not plugging the VGA cable into my short MiniDisplay adaptor tucked behind the screen (software couldn't see projector-forced an error), I've had no issues, other than the turntable cut off. I reset calibratesettings.ini and the meshing is better than before. I haven't tested freescan mode, as just got modify the Arca DSLR bracket to fit the scanner, and also the MeFoto tripod (mini Arca), so I can calibrate using the quick release.

Mike

But what does 1.7 brings new ?

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    I don't know Hugues, and no word from Shining3D! Anybody see a changelog?
    There's a v1.7.2 now!
    Mike

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    An update v1.7.2 is a crock, now I can't install.
    I foolishly uninstalled v1.7.0 and the install folder is compressed and I can't place the .ple file inside, and it won't authorise through the internet.
    Come on Shining3D make a proper installer, that uninstalls at the same time, it can't be that hard!

Mike
    PS The update has grown by 10Mb or so, hope that wasn't on the new splash screens for the install...driving me nuts!

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Definitely not impressed, using the right password, cannot connect to the internet with their software, a small black screen, white text briefly flashes, and then it's an error message.
    Will try and install previous v1.7 I had, and see if it'll upgrade, but last time the .ple file had to be manually moved, and v1.6 uninstalled prior to installing v1.7.

Mad Mike Grrrr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast