Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Student
    I started making some cookie cutters for my friend.
    mlp_cookie_cutter.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by hsus View Post
    Read about Cura that you need to set up your printer's profile with settings for that specific printer. Is this something you needed to do? If so, mind sharing?
    Somewhere else, maybe the new matter website support? they said to email them and they will send you a Cura profile. They sent it to me this afternoon, but I haven't looked at it yet.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by KMToydarian View Post
    Somewhere else, maybe the new matter website support? they said to email them and they will send you a Cura profile. They sent it to me this afternoon, but I haven't looked at it yet.
    Would you mind posting it on a thread here?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by dshapdesign View Post
    Would you mind posting it on a thread here?
    http://support.newmatter.com/custome...-faqs/articles

Quote Originally Posted by jamesarm97 View Post
    The prints definitely can use some tuning. The overall surface quality is kind of like felt.
    I wonder if that's caused by the rolling surfaces of the long splines. Gears are a bit "bumpy" so the bed plate probably has a fair bit of vertical vibration as it rolls across them.

James-Its probably being caused by overheating the print. either lower the ambient room temp or reduce hotend/heatbed temp.

I finally got my printer the other day, here's my first "make" on thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/make:174245

Details in the post there. Now attempting a bigger print using high detail from astroprint, 14 hrs in looking great - but sloooooow

Follow Christina Jackson On Twitter Add Christina Jackson on Facebook Add Christina Jackson on Google+
    The last object I printed was a Spooky Jack o Lantern for the last Halloween season! Here it is!

jack-300x230.jpg

Here are a couple of prints, the first one just showcasing the difference between slicer settings, the good one is based off of AstroPrint's best settings but with reduced bottom and top layer heights and 100% infill. I made the model myself.
    IMG_1043.jpg

Here's a bigger print I did, using the astroprint best settings but reduced infill due to the large size. Since I've been experiencing the shifting issue with taller prints I opted to print this one lying down with lots of support.

In hindsight I should've printed it lying down at 90 degrees, instead I rotated it to have as little support as possible. This lead to severe striations in the bottom plate.

Should be noted that one of the supports fell over during printing, making the right hand messed up, you can't see it here but the back is messed up. It looked like cotton candy out of the printer but I heated a butter knife and flattened it, it's passable now.

This is my first big print and the first one I post process. I'm printing some sanding tools now. But sanded and applied gesso for a couple of rounds and then spray painted two layers. The glasses are removable and painted with matt acrylic and then sprayed with glossy veneer. Model based off of: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1057389
    Before and after:
    IMG_1041.jpgIMG_1049.jpg

A quick view of my prints
    20151210_232245.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast