Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Showcase prints?

Hey! Would be cool to see how your prints have turned out, especially if you've used non new matter store stl-files and / or used some other filament than the new matter one.

So for the few of you that have received your printers - Please share

Printed this Frankenstein light switch plate...
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:649284

Printed with Inland silver PLA from MicroCenter.
    Spool fits well on the holder and turns easily. Same size as sample Mew Matter Roll, except deeper (1kg)

I printed this by uploading the STL to my library, so it used all New Matter settings. Temp was fine.
    I have also printed by uploading GCode from Cura through the desktop utility. Some models I have are support free, and the New Matter slicer added support in the middle of parts that don't need it, making holes for attaching pins difficult to clean.

I am very happy so far.
    1st pic no flash, second pic flash.
    20151022_142719.jpg
    20151022_142710.jpg

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    great print - not sure how that is 'silver' though ?

Quote Originally Posted by KMToydarian View Post
    Printed with Inland silver PLA from MicroCenter.
    Spool fits well on the holder and turns easily. Same size as sample Mew Matter Roll, except deeper (1kg)

I printed this by uploading the STL to my library, so it used all New Matter settings. Temp was fine.
    I have also printed by uploading GCode from Cura through the desktop utility. Some models I have are support free, and the New Matter slicer added support in the middle of parts that don't need it, making holes for attaching pins difficult to clean.
    Looks great! Very smooth! Did you sand it?
    Didn't know about Cura, downloading now - Been playing around with tinkercad, will try Cura as well

The Inland "silver" is pretty much a grey. Hatchbox silver PLA is a bit darker, and more silvery.

I didn't do any post processing Came off the printer like that. It did have support under the plate, as there is a recess in the middle over the switch, so I removed those, but thats it. I did have to glue back one of the small prongs that broke while removing it from the bed. But that is probably a PLA thing, more than a printer thing. More brittle, and parts made vertically will always be weaker due to the layers.

Quote Originally Posted by KMToydarian View Post
    I have also printed by uploading GCode from Cura through the desktop utility.
    Read about Cura that you need to set up your printer's profile with settings for that specific printer. Is this something you needed to do? If so, mind sharing?

New Matter posted some settings in their FAQs on the website.
    http://support.newmatter.com/

Basic machine settings to set up the right machine, and Start/End code to add (theres a tab in Cura for that) that adds the same calibration as New Matter software.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by hsus View Post
    Hey! Would be cool to see how your prints have turned out, especially if you've used non new matter store stl-files and / or used some other filament than the new matter one.

So for the few of you that have received your printers - Please share
    Here is a test part I made to see if the printer could print to its claimed envelope (150mm x 100mm x 125mm).

https://instagram.com/p/8jnVnjLG2_/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    looks pretty good.

The prints definitely can use some tuning. The overall surface quality is kind of like felt.
    IMG_4382.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast