Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer
    I haven't seen people asking about the bed leveling, no matter how good your hairspray or glue is and no matter how good your bed temperature is, if your bed is not well adjusted, things is getting warped alot.

Better have a little bit of squished layers and leave it in the fridge once done.

I found the perfect combination

1. I cover my platform with blue tape
    2. I used a preheat just to make the tape stick well to the platform
    3. Then I sent just a raft peace of square and level the bed during printing, so you can adjust any anomalies. This help me to get to the perfect level.
    4. I spray a thin layer of LOCTITE Spray adhesive over the blue tape, it works great!
    5. This is my print result:
    PRINT.jpg

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    blue tape doesn't need anything put on it.
    And it's much easier to calibrate when you're not actually printing.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTORIELLO View Post
    1. I cover my platform with blue tape
    2. I used a preheat just to make the tape stick well to the platform
    3. Then I sent just a raft peace of square and level the bed during printing, so you can adjust any anomalies. This help me to get to the perfect level.
    4. I spray a thin layer of LOCTITE Spray adhesive over the blue tape, it works great!
    5. This is my print result:
    PRINT.jpg
    Absolute waste of time. I repeat:

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    ABS: heat the bed to 95 degrees. Extruder temp should be about 230 degrees. For bed adhesion use slurry.

PLA: heat the bed to 55 degrees. Extruder temp should be about 200 degrees. For bed adhesion use hairspray, sugar water, glue stick.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well extruder temp depends entirely on the specific filament. I've got pla that will print clean at 195 and other types that go up to 220-230.

I've also got white abs and white pla that both print best at the exact same temperature.

Sugar water ?
    New one on me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12