Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Base printing problem

Hello there,

I am having some issue with my first prints, I am a beginner hope someone can help me solving this problem.
    My printer is a FLASHFORGE DREAMER
    The problem is when I print ABS or PLA the print does not stick to platform this cause that the corners of the first printing layers goes up and round.
    Please see examples in the pictures.
    Also I need help, wich one is the best platform temperature for ABS , for the extruder temperature I am using 230.
    2015-10-21.jpg
    thank's
    jose

is the bed heated? how hot did you set it?
    try using heat tape or painters tape or glue maybe hair spray make the surface warm and/or adhesive

ABS: heat the bed to 95 degrees. Extruder temp should be about 230 degrees. For bed adhesion use slurry.

PLA: heat the bed to 55 degrees. Extruder temp should be about 200 degrees. For bed adhesion use hairspray, sugar water, glue stick.

Ecological,
    De bed temp I use was 100 degrees , and I used aquanet hairspray for this print but does not stick to bed properly.
    Im going to try some glue loke UHU.
    Thanks for the help to both...

sounds like your settings are good. go for the glue stick. if that doesnt work try the heat tape honestly. I have no experience with the tape but i've seen it work some wonders for people even without heated beds.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTORIELLO View Post
    Ecological,
    De bed temp I use was 100 degrees , and I used aquanet hairspray for this print but does not stick to bed properly.
    Im going to try some glue loke UHU.
    Thanks for the help to both...
    How long did you let the hairspray dry, if you put it on thick, like you should, it can take hours.

I always apply the hairspray 10 minutes before the print , is this a good timing ?

Engineer-in-Training
    What are the dimensions of that object? With ABS and very large objects you will either get warping or cracked layers.

I have found that 3DLac on glass gives me excellent bonding results for ABS, PLA and PETG. Just spray it on before you print and away you go...

Also, make sure your bed z-height is calibrated well. If the distance is a bit too much the first layer will bond poorly whatever you do.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the other thing that can make all the difference is to lower the speed of the first layer. This gives the filament more time to bond.
    A clean first layer is the key to any succesful print.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTORIELLO View Post
    I always apply the hairspray 10 minutes before the print , is this a good timing ?
    If you're putting it on as thick as it needs to be, it will take a lot longer than that to dry, the heated bed will speed up the drying, but 10 minutes is pretty short.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast