Close

Student

Question about a reflash..

Good afternoon,

I tried searching this forum and Google for a few days to no avail. I have a Prusa i3v 8". I recently started tinkering with the marlin code and broke it. I was able to do a reflash of the firmware but now my printer will not read from the SD card. I reformatted the card rebooted the printer all the usual stuff; but now I am stumped at to what to do next. I can run prints from Pronterface but I'd very much like to have the print from SD capability back.

Thank you

Do you have the original firmware? Or at least the original Configuration.h file? Can you go to the MakerFarm site and get the 'correct' firmware because if you can, that is going to be much easier than trying to get a fresh copy of Marlin tuned for your printer.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Do you have the original firmware? Or at least the original Configuration.h file? Can you go to the MakerFarm site and get the 'correct' firmware because if you can, that is going to be much easier than trying to get a fresh copy of Marlin tuned for your printer.
    No, I was a total bonehead and failed to make a copy of the original Configuration.h file. I was trying to unlock some of the extra features available though the LCD interface to better calibrate my printer and managed to completely screw things up due to my own ignorance; after a few minutes of panic self berating and some Google searches I found and downloaded the Marlin_RAMPS_EPCOS_138v.zip from Makerfarm, and installed it without any wierdness. When I attempted to run a test print the place under Main under the Card Menu that shows the files on the card was blank even though there were files on the SD card. Is there another/different firmware? Or would I be better served to email Colin?

Thank you

Email Colin.... But MakerFarm's website should have the firmware they ship posted. It is part of the License Agreement for any Open Source project like Marlin. The manufacturer can use the Open Source code, but they are required to provide a copy of the source code that they are shipping. So with that, you should be able to get back to the position you started with.
    Last edited by Roxy; 10-21-2015 at 04:18 PM.

Student
    OK I will try that next. Thank you Roxy.