Close

Any experience with Atomic Filament?

I'm looking to purchase a large amount of filament, 15+ lbs at once. I am thinking of buying from Atomic Filament. The tolerance claims and focus on quality, along with price is very tempting. However there seems to be virtually no reviews out there. So does anyone have experience with their filament?

www.atomicfilament.com

Quote Originally Posted by 70055 View Post
    I'm looking to purchase a large amount of filament, 15+ lbs at once. I am thinking of buying from Atomic Filament. The tolerance claims and focus on quality, along with price is very tempting. However there seems to be virtually no reviews out there. So does anyone have experience with their filament?

www.atomicfilament.com

No, have not purchased from them before but I just ordered a spool of their Discount PLA
    and we will see how it Goes !

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    No, have not purchased from them before but I just ordered a spool of their Discount PLA
    and we will see how it Goes !
    Well, I received the Sapphire-Blue Discount PLA filament after about 2 weeks,
    which seems a bit Long to me.
    The spool was labeled 'Grade-B Discount', I could not find info about what 'Grade-B' means ??

It's a semi-transparent blue color, which will be good for printing Art objects like Vases.

I did a print with it and it looks Good.
    I could not see any problems with it at all,
    so I sure would like to know what makes it Less than Grade-A ??

Student
    i'm not clear about the Atomic Filament.So i can't give any suggestions. Weather you could choose another web about 3D print filament.

Hi EagleSeven, I am concerned about your product taking ~ 2 weeks to make its way over. It should be no longer than ~3 days worst case. Can you PM or post your order number so i can check into this.

As far as the grade B , all discount spools with possible defects or known defects are rated as grade b. The product page for each item in the discount section will clearly list why its being discounted , either from minor flaws or to make room for other products.

If you have any questions feel free to email or respond.

Thanks

AtomicFilament
    Mike - Owner

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFilament View Post
    Hi EagleSeven, I am concerned about your product taking ~ 2 weeks to make its way over. It should be no longer than ~3 days worst case. Can you PM or post your order number so i can check into this.

As far as the grade B , all discount spools with possible defects or known defects are rated as grade b. The product page for each item in the discount section will clearly list why its being discounted , either from minor flaws or to make room for other products.

If you have any questions feel free to email or respond.

Thanks

AtomicFilament
    Mike - Owner
    Thanks for the info Mike !
    I realize 2 weeks is a little long for US order but I've got accustomed to waiting that long
    since we very often order from China and UK/EU and their shipping usually takes Longer !

I've printed 3 objects so far, one of them very large, with your B filament
    and it is Great, No problems !
    We will definitely order some from you again.
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 10-19-2015 at 07:59 AM.