Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PCL can be mixed with carbon black to make a printable conductive filament called carbomorph, as described in this paper: A Simple, Low-Cost Conductive Composite Material for 3D Printing of Electronic Sensors.

-Unrelated info removed and referenced article located:

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0049365

-Davo
    Last edited by Davo; 11-09-2016 at 06:16 AM.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    We just melt the pellets and print with that. We don't create filament. Sorry.

Our MK1-250 head has a spring loaded bearing assembly to keep the filament snug against the hobbed motor shaft, which allows for variances in diameter. We can usually run filament between 1.6 and 1.9mm.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    No, we communicate over CANBUS, and I'm unaware of other printers doing so.

The MK2-250 is great for flexible filaments, but the shafts are in fixed positions, so it is less adaptable to variations in filament diameter.

Sorry, no. The only extruders that I've heard of with reliable, consistent diameter output cost too much for most home users.

Hi RonJon,
    Would you please share some of your settings to properly print PCL filament (speed, extrusion temperature , etc) ? What do you mean with 'aftermarket modrifications' ?
    I also make homemade PCL filament from pellets with the filastruder: I obtain a rather fine 1,75 mm filament at a 70-80°C temp. The molecular weight of PCL might be of importance regarding the viscosity of the flow, mine is around 80,000.
    Unfortunately I have troubles printing the PCL filament using my FDM Volumic printer (it is based on a J-head); I had some encouraging results at a 128°C extrusion temperature, but now I have the same problem than you with the filament not being pushed in, so I would be so happy with some advices making it run like a Cadillac ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12