Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Software change request / new features

Hi Sintratec team,

I would like to list here a couple of changes i would like to see implemented in the current software (1.0.27):

1- the coil target temperature and IR lamps target temperature should be saved when closing the software so we don't have to re-enter them next time
    2- same for laser scanning speed. I forgot to change it from default 250 and my print was melting. YOu should maybe change the default from 250 to 400 if you cannot save our last parameter.
    3- can you add an APPLY Powder button to the screen where we monitor temperatures ? this way we don't have to change screen when applying the first 5 layers before a print session
    4- is there an easy way for you to add the possibility of changing lamp power factors WHILE printing ? at present we can only change them in config file and have to re-start printer each time. Would be great to do this on the fly when calibrating the printer.
    5- i don't see any STOP Printing button , is there one ? How can we stop the printer before the end of the printing job ?
    6- would be nice to have a PAUSE printing button also.
    7- YOu should display the number of the current layer being printed. The % is not enough
    8- Is it a big work to compile your software for 32 bits windows ? At present i have only one 64 bit computer so it's difficult to have it tied up when printing. I have 2 other older laptops but all 32 bits.
    9- Possibility to display how much powder there is left in the powder chamber

thanks for your feed-back,
    Last edited by Hugues; 10-10-2015 at 06:33 AM.

Thanks for your great suggestions!

1- the coil target temperature and IR lamps target temperature should be saved when closing the software so we don't have to re-enter them next time

Good Idea, put it on
    feature requirements of 1.0.28

2- same for laser scanning speed. I forgot to change it from default 250 and my print was melting. YOu should maybe change the default from 250 to 400 if you cannot save our last parameter.

Already implemented for
    1.0.28 - both now with saving and default set to 350 (your previously entered speed value gets automatically communicated to the printer each time a print is started, if you forgot to set the speed manually by pushing the button).

3- can you add an APPLY Powder button to the screen where we monitor temperatures ? this way we don't have to change screen when applying the first 5 layers before a print session

Already implemented for
    1.0.28: There's a new paramter, number of empty layers before print (so that the applying of the first 5 layers gets done automatically).
    Still a good idea to add the button to the "4. print" pane, I put it on the feature requirements list.

4- is there an easy way for you to add the possibility of changing lamp power factors WHILE printing ? at present we can only change them in config file and have to re-start printer each time. Would be great to do this on the fly when calibrating the printer.

That is a good input but out of scope for now since it involves deeper changes to the printer firmware (put it on the feature request list).

5- i don't see any STOP Printing button , is there one ? How can we stop the printer before the end of the printing job ?

There actually is a STOP button in 1.0.27, on the print pane, left of the progress bar. I took note that it's not visible enough. But in 1.0.28 the STOP button will temporarily be removed since there's a firmware bug resulting in being unable to start a new print after pressing STOP (defeating the STOP button's purpose).

The PAUSE button is right besides the STOP button. Fix in 1.0.28: Pressing PAUSE again will resume the print

7- YOu should display the number of the current layer being printed. The % is not enough

Already implemented for 1.0.28.

8- Is it a big work to compile your software for 32 bits windows ? At present i have only one 64 bit computer so it's difficult to have it tied up when printing. I have 2 other older laptops but all 32 bits.

There will be a 32 bit support soon, but for now we focus on the 64 bit version. Arguably we could have gone 32 bit only, but the 3D stuff and slicing benefit tremendously from 64 bit. I could post here once we have an early 32 bit version...

9- Possibility to display how much powder there is left in the powder chamber

We know about the necessity of that one, but that's something that would require work on the firmware and is not possible immediately.
    Now about the printer firmware, we have a huge rework coming up. We've taken all feedback we've got so far (if someone reads this and has more, please post ) and tons of improvements from our side (much more sophisticated temperature control, better motor motions, complete new low-level and reliable USB communication and so one). It'll be done in about 4 weeks (We've got less frequent firmware updates compared to desktop software since deployment is an hassle).

1.0.28 update will be pushed by the end of the week btw.

Thanks again for your input. Cheers!

Dominik form Sintratec
    Last edited by Dominik; 10-13-2015 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    T...

There actually is a STOP button in 1.0.27, on the print pane, left of the progress bar. I took note that it's not visible enough. But in 1.0.28 the STOP button will temporarily be removed since there's a firmware bug resulting in being unable to start a new print after pressing STOP (defeating the STOP button's purpose).

The PAUSE button is right besides the STOP button. Fix in 1.0.28: Pressing PAUSE again will resume the print

Dominik form Sintratec
    Thanks for the quick feed-back Dominik,

About the STOP and PAUSE button, maybe it's my old age, but i don't see them. WHen you got a minute, can you upload a printscreen and show where it is ?

thanks a lot again, and looking forward to installing 1.0.28.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugues View Post
    Thanks for the quick feed-back Dominik,

About the STOP and PAUSE button, maybe it's my old age, but i don't see them. WHen you got a minute, can you upload a printscreen and show where it is ?

thanks a lot again, and looking forward to installing 1.0.28.
    There you go:

Capture.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    There you go:

Capture.jpg
    Oh ! Silly me. A few weeks ago i was trying these buttons, i thought they were used to switch on/off the coil for the heater and the IR lamps.

Now i see the Pause and Stop buttons, sorry.

You might want to write Pause and Stop on them, or show a tool tip. Might help newbies, like me :-)

thanks a lot, i'll try them next time i print.

I can't seem to get the software to install. I keep getting an error and the install quits without completing. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by dsans1 View Post
    I can't seem to get the software to install. I keep getting an error and the install quits without completing. Any suggestions?
    your operating system is 64 bits ? this can only install on 64 bits windows, no 32 bits.

which error message do you get ?

did you check your disk space ?

you have an internet connection on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugues View Post
    your operating system is 64 bits ? this can only install on 64 bits windows, no 32 bits.

which error message do you get ?

did you check your disk space ?

you have an internet connection on ?
    Yes 64bit Windows 10 on an Intel i3 dual core. 6GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive. Brand new machine. Connected to the internet via WiFi.

Error reads, "The Sintratec Central Setup Wizard ended. Sintratec Central setup ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again. Click the 'Finish' button to exit the Setup Wizard."

Quote Originally Posted by dsans1 View Post
    Yes 64bit Windows 10 on an Intel i3 dual core. 6GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive. Brand new machine. Connected to the internet via WiFi.

Error reads, "The Sintratec Central Setup Wizard ended. Sintratec Central setup ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again. Click the 'Finish' button to exit the Setup Wizard."
    Better contact Sintratec on this, they have a support ticket system.

Yes, already submitted. The website isn't very clear, but maybe the software is only running on Windows 7? Unfortunate considering that software is six years old and Windows 10 has been available since July. I have no access to Windows 7 computers and had to buy this one, which is my first Windows computer since Win95 on a Sony Vaio.

Thanks for trying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast