Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: simplify3d

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    Kinda. The second model just provides an area that modifies the initial part. It doesn't simply create two parts. When you load the second part as a modifier it won't slice that part. It only tells the slicer anything in this area gets different setting applied.
    simplify 3d won't do that. But it's pretty simple work round.

Where can i find the manual of Simplify? I mean there are a lot of parameters to adjust, where can i find out what, each one of them, does?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrysPot View Post
    Where can i find the manual of Simplify? I mean there are a lot of parameters to adjust, where can i find out what, each one of them, does?
    1/ If you let your cursor hover over a parameter it gives basic explanations.

2/ They have a Support Page with more detailed scenarios/tutorials

3/ On their support page they have a troubleshooting guide that explains what parameter to work on based on what your print looks like.

4/ They have nice support by email. They answer fairly quickly and are quite OK.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrysPot View Post
    There's a great new website called google, type in what you're trying to find it there.

Great answer dude, thanks a lot! I usually go for the official manual first and if that isn't good enough to cover what i need then i google it.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    try this: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/
    I'm not sure there is an actual manual.

I haven't seen one - but then if you go through the stuff on the support page - you shouldn't need one. And every setting has it's own info bubble.

And google is a pretty lousy search engine, yahoo is better. dogpile gives you a selection from more than one.

Hi, I wonder if simplify3d is compatible with the Flashforge Dreamer?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Yes it is, but have to export gcode from Simplify3D and bring into FlashPrint.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    A few examples.

How much time do you lose to re-slice an item in your current slicer because 1 parameter was incorrect ? S3D does it in less than 5 seconds, everytime, whatever the model.

How much time do you lose to re-orient models in another software (Meshmixer or whatever) ? S3D does it with 1 command : put this surface on the bed.

How much time do you lose removing support ? The Support in S3D is really well made and easily removed.

How much of a hassle is dual colour printing ? Have a look at the tutos on the website.

It probably does not do much more than other softs, but it does it really well. For me, just the time saving is sufficient to justify it.
    i loose very little time, i have a top of the range desktop, with 32gb ram, a 8gb graphics card, a 120gb ssd boot drive, a 240gb ssd for 3d files/software and a 3tb drive for all the other programs. but yes i have noticed it is faster than other slicers.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    try this: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/
    I'm not sure there is an actual manual.

I haven't seen one - but then if you go through the stuff on the support page - you shouldn't need one. And every setting has it's own info bubble.

And google is a pretty lousy search engine, yahoo is better. dogpile gives you a selection from more than one.
    so i put up the cash this last week, got laid off form my job of 21 months due to ill health (yep right before my 2yr, more rights thing kicked in) either way i got a nice payout (cant specify, confidentially clause), but anyway im finding this software well worth the money, no problems with sticking to the bed (i have a flexi build plate), dense supports are great easy to remove. i still get some sagging on the dense layer, im printing at 205 for pla, think i mite back it off to 200 see if that helps.

one called "wave tealight holder" (cant seem to find a link for it now) prints fine, but as the upper surfaces are not seen as solid, they print very thin, similar to the 2 perimeters of the rest of the print, also the inner layers are not meeting the perimeter layers, as in in getting some gaps, my bed is adjusted correctly.

any help

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234