Close

Project Recruiting for UAV Project

Hello Everyone,

I am a student of aviation at my local community college and I am working on building a drone I have designed with a 3D Printer, I have some files I need prepared professionally. Can anyone on here help me out with this?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107184

View project above, I have all the .dae files but the issues I am having is simply not understanding why hollow parts are building printed solid. Plus I lack experience with 3D Printing and preparing files.

Hi,
    I'd gladly have a look at it over the week end if you want. What is it you want done exactly ?

I don't know *.dae files. Could you please convert to *.step or *.iges ? These are fairly standard useful formats.

Great! What I am looking for is to find out the best way to prepare the files for the makerbot desktop suite, meaning what is the most correct way to print the files I will send you. What is your email I will send you over the converted files.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    someone's been watching Avatar :-)

And yeah, what program is a dae file from ?

exported from google sketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob315 View Post
    Great! What I am looking for is to find out the best way to prepare the files for the makerbot desktop suite, meaning what is the most correct way to print the files I will send you. What is your email I will send you over the converted files.
    PM sent.
    OK I'll look it over. I don't own makerbot suite, but I can prepare gcode anyway. What's your machine ?