Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Student
    Wow, it's like a Dr Who episode where everyone is called Simon. My OB1.4 has a build area close to 200x200x200 depending on the extruder setup. Several other people have come up with better extruders and x-carriages now so I would probably use one of them if I were building another.
    I have pretty much moved on from this printer now and am working on two other designs, one is a very simple printer made from 8-10mm acrylic sheet and will be a kit sold via a friend of mine in flat pack and the other is a one-off larger scale printer I am building with Misumi 2020 type extrusions and will have a build area of 300x300x300.
    I am also associated with two different builders who are building very large scale 1mx1mx1m machines both running mach3 - it seems the way to go with bigger machines as there are a lot of CNC 4-axis boards out there that will run the larger stepper motors easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired1 View Post
    Wow, it's like a Dr Who episode where everyone is called Simon. My OB1.4 has a build area close to 200x200x200 depending on the extruder setup. Several other people have come up with better extruders and x-carriages now so I would probably use one of them if I were building another.
    I have pretty much moved on from this printer now and am working on two other designs, one is a very simple printer made from 8-10mm acrylic sheet and will be a kit sold via a friend of mine in flat pack and the other is a one-off larger scale printer I am building with Misumi 2020 type extrusions and will have a build area of 300x300x300.
    I am also associated with two different builders who are building very large scale 1mx1mx1m machines both running mach3 - it seems the way to go with bigger machines as there are a lot of CNC 4-axis boards out there that will run the larger stepper motors easily.
    Seems like a very sturdy printer ^^

also as looks go you could make it pretty nice like black beams and orange plastic parts and a black or orange heated bed :P

Also i might be wrong but wouldnt it be possible to make a folding replicator from it with a few diffrent things? ^^
    I just find those printers cute haha :P

But ye realy nice printer design you did there ^^
    You should make a kickstarter haha :P

Edit: Just watched your video with the Red OB1 you made, Looked rly nice ^^

This is "Jon"

It's name is Jon because that's where you go to take a s***, not really, it does some interesting things.jon (1).jpg Just almost finished with some upgrades, so I can measure and control temperature at more points. It is VERY old, like myself, has a lot of problems with the design, I change them once in a while, but for research purposes it works alright.

I'm not so much into the actual printing as know about the temperatures, and physics behind everything. I have a sales site, but it is only to support research, don't really try to sell.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 11-26-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Student
    Hi Printers out there.

My printer is RepRapPro Mendel with a Melzi board. It is still in the testing phase, but the only thing I need to do, is calibrathing the extruder. Then is it time for printing. Here is a picture of the animal: Img_4517.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

this is our printer with double extruder and increased printing surface using 2 heated plates.
    We also got 3 prusa i3 printers and 1 prusai2, but they are standard.
    thought this one would fit better here.

we're changing the extruder build because now it is not easy accesible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschner3D View Post
    IMG_0447.jpg

this is our printer with double extruder and increased printing surface using 2 heated plates.
    We also got 3 prusa i3 printers and 1 prusai2, but they are standard.
    thought this one would fit better here.

we're changing the extruder build because now it is not easy accesible.
    How did you run your power supply setup with 2 heated beds. I'm planning on taking the same road but the psus is something I still need to complete.

Did you just run two build plates and lock them onto one belt, than cut the borosilicate glass double long? I imaging you have to run a second PS to heat up the second HBP? Looks good!

Student
    I've made my own design for the mechanical structure ... and um using the RepRap electronics .. here is my machine ... coming live very soon
    04122013608.jpg

Follow papabur On Twitter Add papabur on Facebook Add papabur on Google+ Add papabur on Thingiverse
    Heres my baby : (I extended all my wires and with a acrylic sheet, I mounted everything under the heated bed..One change I have made since this picture is switching out my RAMPS v1.4/Arduino Mega 2560 for a RAMBo v1.2 board from ultimachine.com....VERY happy with it.

Last edited by papabur; 03-01-2014 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Added better description

Student
    A lot of great stuff here!

Thats mine: Prusa i3XL with some modifications, but still work in progress.

Prusa i3XL.jpgL1010658.jpg

L1010665.jpg
    Last edited by ciutateivissa; 09-13-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast