Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Engineer

Show your RepRap Printers

For those of you who have built a RepRap, please show pictures of your printer and things you have created. I'd love to see your hardware!

Larry

Here is mine as it sits right now. I've done a lot of modifications since I built it. It's a little messy around it, aren't they always

IMG_00001411.jpg

Student
    This is my main printer I designed myself using open beam I call the OB1 printer. I have since further developed it into the OB1.4 which is open faced and larger build area. Both printers are using the Azteeg X3 controllers and the OB1.4 also has the Viki LCD display. I have built eight printers now, five Mendel Prusa, one Mendel Max and these two I designed myself. I am moving house right now so my elves workshop is in storage along with my printers but I hope to have them all up and printing again in a couple of weeks time. After buying my first Prusa as a kit I have printed all the parts of subsequent printers using the previous ones.
    Wired up 011.jpg

Student
    Awesome Simon, that is one nice design, very neat clean lines. Have you increased the height from the Mendels and what is the print area?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Awesome Simon, that is one nice design, very neat clean lines. Have you increased the height from the Mendels and what is the print area?
    Its a Makerfarm prusa, Build volume should be 20.2 x 20.2 x 18 (centimeters)

Btw how do you know my name ^^
    Or was the question towards someone else, Unbelievable how many humans are called Simon :P
    You should use the nickname instead haha :P

And Harball,
    It shouldnt be such a problem, its only 1 kilo and its probably even better for the balance during printing, its probably not that Shackey anymore.
    Btw it has 12 contact points with the wood, So it shouldnt be such a problem ^^
    Last edited by DrLuigi; 10-21-2013 at 12:37 PM.

2013-10-21-163503.jpg2013-10-21-163510.jpg

Not clean at all but it gets the job done with speed and pretty good accuracy. Can't complain except for the small build area (6in cube)

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLuigi View Post
    Its a Makerfarm prusa, Build volume should be 20.2 x 20.2 x 18 (centimeters)

Btw how do you know my name ^^
    Or was the question towards someone else, Unbelievable how many humans are called Simon :P

My apologies Simon I was asking Wired1 and I got his name and saw his printer from his link to Thingiverse in the post.

It's spooky that there are two Simon's in the same thread, maybe Simon Le Bon will post next haha

Show off your printer!

Post a photo of your printer...

i2 Orig.jpg

My original (first!) printer. Modified from when I first got it, but remains 80% the same.

i3 WIP.jpg

^This is my current WIP printer. I expected it to work earlier, currently I am still building. Not working correctly still. But close. Hacked together a firmware and cobbled together a wiring loom... Everything moves, some not right. Soooooon it will be running.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast