Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    Hey man, you got skype? Would love to chat about the Ctc
    No, Sorry, I don't use Skype, Facebook, etc.

I try to do all my chatting on websites like this one and at NASA related websites.

Engineer
    Well that's a shame. I had left a message in that other post about ordering the CTC earlier if you get a chance

The bed extenders are working Great !

The only thing I've changed is adding some large flat washers at the nuts attaching them to bed.
    They started getting loose . I think the nuts were slightly sinking into plastic.

Note: the extended glass does Not get as hot as the glass over plate area

Engineer
    Thanks for the measurements, I got me a few pieces cut to the measurement you mentioned, hooked it all up. Printing great with the larger area. Before I could print only 4 handles at a time for something I sell, now I can print out 6 per run with space left. IMAG2052.jpg

Thanks for the measurements, I got me a few pieces cut to the measurement you mentioned, hooked it all up. Printing great with the larger area. Before I could print only 4 handles at a time for something I sell, now I can print out 6 per run with space left. IMAG2052.jpg
    Great, Looking Good !
    It's good to know Someone is actually reading my messages !

Engineer
    I would love a set of these for the CTC, the bed has a bit of wobble to it when printing. But the price is just too high for them. Any idea of a cheaper, but almost as good solution?

I'm also working on switching my left spring loaded extruder from my flashforge to the CTC, but the nozzle screw is too small for any hex wrench I was sent to adjust the nozzle on the CTC. So hopefully that soon also.

http://www.bctechnologicalsolutions.com/arm-upgrade/index.html

I would love a set of these for the CTC, the bed has a bit of wobble to it when printing. But the price is just too high for them. Any idea of a cheaper, but almost as good solution?
    I printed a set of Stiffeners, that I downloaded from thingiverse.com

They work great, after adding clear tape to keep them from coming loose,
    since no holes are drilled for attachment, which is good.
    (Tape is put on at front and back, Under bed, it does not show)
    No need to remove anything to install them, they just slip on.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:661574

This is picture of them installed on a bed-plate, that I got from thingiverse also:
    Click picture for larger view:

CTC bed Stiffeners.jpg
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 10-19-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Engineer
    Thanks that looks great I will give that a shot. I would also like to add a Z stabilizer from thingiverse but I need to get a bearing first. Just trying to get this thing as good as I can make it. I know I am having a bit of blobs from retraction, but I believe that will stop when I throw on the spring loaded extruder. All in all man, for $450 it's a pretty great printer. Almost running as great as the one I paid $1400 for

Thanks that looks great I will give that a shot. I would also like to add a Z stabilizer from thingiverse but I need to get a bearing first. Just trying to get this thing as good as I can make it. I know I am having a bit of blobs from retraction, but I believe that will stop when I throw on the spring loaded extruder. All in all man, for $450 it's a pretty great printer. Almost running as great as the one I paid $1400 for
    I looked at Z-stabilizer and do Not think it is really needed.
    The 2 tubes and their bearings, on each side, are what Stabilizes the bed assembly.
    the center stepper-motor Screw just needs to ride freely in the bed
    and does not need bracing at top of screw-shaft.
    Bracing the screw-top may even cause Binding of the screw.

Engineer
    I thought it might be too tight doing it with a bearing as well, but was just going by people's setup on Thingiverse.

I looked at my Flashforge creator pro, it has a small tube that the screw just goes into at the top. It's not held by a bearing, just sitting in the tube with a bit of slack so it still "can" move if needed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast