Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SOOOOOOOOO! what you are telling me is that it will not interghrate with the existing scanner software. Correct? OK, Seeing that you are more tech savy them me, do you know of any 3d party scanner softare that will intergrate with the AIO scanner, and let me do away with the oem software???????
    Thanks

Student
    Just looks like a re-housed leap or kinect at the moment, can it run windows8.1 and use apps already made for kinect(or get a windows dongle to do the same), if it can do much higher rez 3D scans 360 ((motorized), coupled with high quality video texture, build high quality virtual sets, etc...I'll keep my eye on it.

Hi,
    Thanks for the message. Yes it will do windows 8.1 as far as the dongle goes, I am not sure. If you find some thing, I would appreciate it/
    Thanks

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    why don't you contact the scanner people and ask them ?
    AS things stand they're the only ones who actually know what it will do and what it will talk to.

Hi,
    To be honest, I actually talked to 1 or 2 scanner companies and they tell me that there software is proprietory and they do not know if it will work with other software. This is my delima at this point in time. I am also doing my homweork and reserch into this problem. Once I have a definitive answer I will post it and perhaps it will help other 3ders that have the same 3d printer.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    So basically a cell phone that can't make calls, send messages, play games, open documents...

*yawn*
    Rofl! I see those as brilliant qualities.

Not once have I ever thought about picking up my phone to take a picture.
    Not once have I ever thought of holding my DSLR (Nikon D7000 btw) to my head and saying "Hello?"
    Not once have I ever picked up a piece of paper and wished I could set its ringtone.
    Not once have I ever looked at a pencil and wondered what games I could download for it.

I have a phone. Its for talking.
    I have a camera. Its for taking pictures.
    I have a computer. Its for sending messages and playing games.
    I have a pencil and paper. Its for writing.

Neat thing is I can take pictures while talking to someone at the same time. Cool eh?

Smart phones aren't. They are for people who don't know what real cameras do.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep :-)

I personally like everything about smart phones except the 'phone' part.
    Now if someone would just market a pure 'smart' - without the phone part, I might actually buy that (as long as it's NOT an ipod :-)

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    (as long as it's NOT an ipod :-)
    Thousands of unsold Microsoft Zune players just rolled over in their graves.

Oh, wait, you said 'smart'... Nevermind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12