Recently I noticed that during warm times of the day my MG Chemicals silver ABS started giving me extrusion issues. At the extruder gear the filament would fold and then break. When I moved to some stiffer Shaxon black ABS (higher glass transition temp) it fed fine at the same ambient temperatures. I looked all over the net for someone to confirm high ambient temps causing extrusion issues, but did not find any information.

After several repeated tests and failures it's pretty obvious that some filament simply wont feed at high ambient temperatures, 90f+ (32c+). I'm sure I could solve this issue by guiding the filament a bit better (bowden tube immediately after gear) but the design of my Greg Wades extruder makes this difficult.

For anyone who is skeptical...this was tested with a brand new clean hot end and plenty of heat (layer adhesion was solid). Also, my e-step calibration is on they low side. What was really surprising to me was how different the glass transition temperatures were between two nearly identical materials.