Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

MakerBot Digital Store gets two new products!

MakerBot has just released 2 new products in their Digital Store. They are the Chunky Trucks Collection, and the Dragons of Glustonbury Chess Set. Pretty cool designs. Read more at: http://3dprint.com/makerbot-digital-...ks-collection/

What do you think? Are they worth the purchase price? Have any of you purchased these?

I like how they are releasing more and more stuff. However, I don't like the fact that they are 1) only printable on MakerBot printers, and 2) they aren't releasing anything that is really all that useful.

I agree. Why don't the put stuff on there aimed at adults (at least not extremely nerdy adults LOL)?

Looks like a new character was just released in the Dragons of Glastonbury collection.

Its COURTLY LOVE, and it costs $4.99

In these cynical times, sometimes it takes a hero to bring out the romantic in all of us. This package from Dragons of Glastonbury™ includes a life-size rose as a downloadable file for the prince or princess of your dreams. You'll also receive Sir Thomas and Princess Amelia, two 3D-printed characters that will add some romance to your collection.

Banned
    I just happened to stumble upon their digital store. I think it's a great idea, even though some people are complaining about them having the nerve to sell designs. It's a business after all and these designs are rather cheap. I like the idea because these are designs which are catered toward the Replicators. You pretty much can see how they will turn out. I would like to see some more adult oriented models go up as well though.

Student
    Both the products are excellent but I am interested to purchase the Set of Dragons of Glastonbury Chess. I got the full details of this product from the link which you shared.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekPeterson View Post
    I like how they are releasing more and more stuff. However, I don't like the fact that they are 1) only printable on MakerBot printers, and 2) they aren't releasing anything that is really all that useful.
    Pfffft. Let me at the file. I'd give a go at converting it to .stl. lol

Add Torby on Thingiverse
    I think the towers on the chess board would make it hard to play