Close

(Solved) Prusa i3 beggining print before nozzle is heated

Hi all, this is my first post here. Im fairly new to 3d printing, however I have managed to assemble and get running a prusa i3 (sixth gen acrylic model) with heated bed and autoleveling. I have been calibrating it and I have been getting fairly good prints. now for the trouble, I left a print running today while I went to class and came back to find it done and cooled down. The print looked great but when I tried to start another, the printer did not wait for the nozzle or bed to warm up or auto home or autolevel. It just went straight to trying to print. I cancelled the print and unplugged the machine for a minute to see if it was an intermittent error in the arduino, however that did not fix it either. It starts again without leveling, homing, or heating. I have tried reuploading my stable firmware backup but the problem persists. I am still getting a temperature readout for the nozzle and bed probe, so I dont think it is a sensor problem. I checked my gcode and all is normal there. Im at a loss, here is what I know of my printer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Prusa i3 Sixth Gen
    RAMPS 1.4 (I believe)
    Using Marlin firmware and Migbot software

Thanks everyone

UPDATE: So i decided to look at the raw gcode from the migbot software and it is fine. However, after i put the sd card in the printer and try to run it (same problem) and plug the sd back into the computer, half of the gcode file is deleted. This explains why its skipping the starting gcode to heat and level, but I cant figure out what is causing the deletion.

Solved: Formatted the SD card and now all is well. Must have been corrupted.
    Last edited by jordanf78; 09-25-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jordanf78 View Post
    Hi all, this is my first post here. Im fairly new to 3d printing, however I have managed to assemble and get running a prusa i3 (sixth gen acrylic model) with heated bed and autoleveling. I have been calibrating it and I have been getting fairly good prints. now for the trouble, I left a print running today while I went to class and came back to find it done and cooled down. The print looked great but when I tried to start another, the printer did not wait for the nozzle or bed to warm up or auto home or autolevel. It just went straight to trying to print. I cancelled the print and unplugged the machine for a minute to see if it was an intermittent error in the arduino, however that did not fix it either. It starts again without leveling, homing, or heating. I have tried reuploading my stable firmware backup but the problem persists. I am still getting a temperature readout for the nozzle and bed probe, so I dont think it is a sensor problem. I checked my gcode and all is normal there. Im at a loss, here is what I know of my printer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Prusa i3 Sixth Gen
    RAMPS 1.4 (I believe)
    Using Marlin firmware and Migbot software

Thanks everyone

UPDATE: So i decided to look at the raw gcode from the migbot software and it is fine. However, after i put the sd card in the printer and try to run it (same problem) and plug the sd back into the computer, half of the gcode file is deleted. This explains why its skipping the starting gcode to heat and level, but I cant figure out what is causing the deletion.

Solved: Formatted the SD card and now all is well. Must have been corrupted.
    I am having this problem as well, I will try formatting, it is driving me crazy!

Thanks!