I have not been able to figure out what to change to fix these kind of print problems. If I have large print area like this 165x145mm print with quite a few openings on the base layer, I have a hard time getting the 1st layer to adhere to the print bed. I am printing on an i3v 10" onto a buildtak surface using eSun PLA at 215C & heat bed set to 60C, wades extruder using a Hexagon 1.75 hotend. I used to print at 225C, but found 215C to work better. The bed is manually leveled to .2mm gap, which has worked well for other prints without all the openings. I might try .1mm or .3mm gap next. I am using the original firmware settings that came with this printer. This is a modified version of the sewing bobbin top piece http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:570849 to allow for more bobbins. I made it parametric, but have not uploaded it to thingiverse. I have probably over 500 hours of printing on this buildtak surface, so changing that might help, but since other prints are coming out well I am not inclined to do so. I changed the openings to be rounded on the ends instead of original rectangles & that helped some. The slicer I am using is 0.9.9 version of Slic3r with .2mm layer height & .2mm rectangular infill. I have printed this successfully before months ago, but was not using the buildtak surface then.

Does anyone have some other suggestions to use?

Thanks,
David
IMG_8896_800x600.jpgSewingBobbinTop.jpg