Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post your prints here !

Hey guys,

You can use this section to post pictures of your prints done with your Sintratec SLS printer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugues View Post
    You can use this section to post pictures of your prints done with your Sintratec SLS printer.
    OK. Front is Sintratec, back is FDM:

20160202_175202_MD.jpg

Staff Engineer
    okay, now that is too cool. Have you performed any post-processing? Some people will coat FDM prints with a epoxy or paint them. If you've not done post, are there any techniques that work with SLS? Not necessarily to "improve" appearance, but even for some variety.

My wife is in the middle of converting a 300 sq. ft. porch into a four-season room so I'm hopeful to have enough room to put my Sintratec together.

No, I have not done any post processing on either model for this photo. I do sometimes use Aceton on FDM, but it's messy and probably not very healthy. The SLS parts were later blasted with glass spheres, which makes the surface, well, different. The underside was held on a belt sander for very short intervals to remelt them and create a sliding surface.

Enjoy building the machine. I had lots of fun. It took three afternoons, plus some more hours until I had the software setting just right. But the print results are fantastic.

Finally got my machine operating properly and printed this yesterday! Two Lenins and a bear.

IMG_3675.jpg

Yay! Congratulations. And I am no longer alone ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by matthiaswm View Post
    Yay! Congratulations. And I am no longer alone ;-)
    Thank you. It's been a long road...

Staff Engineer
    I thought it said Two lenins and a beer!

IMG-20160225-WA0001.jpgIMG-20160225-WA0003.jpgIMG-20160225-WA0005.jpgIMG-20160225-WA0011.jpg

Baking in the machine, excavating, first shape, after brushing and blowing with compressed air. It's a Moebius ring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast