Close

Are Apple or Google Players in 3D Printing?

We know that Apple and Google are always trying to stay a step ahead of the curve when it comes to new technology. Do you guys think either company will make a play for 3D Printing? I could see Apple making some sort of 3D Printer themselves, where I could see Google making some cool open source design software.

Student
    I think only Apple-fans would buy a 3D-printer from Apple, other people don't need that company. 3D-printing for consumers is focused on OpenSource, Apple will produce only closed source and limited software/hardware.

Google could release some simple tools for 3D-print modeling and they have the ressources to advertise it in the mainstream.

Engineer
    sooner or later unless you are doing the reprap thing 3d printing will be all closed source.

I always said Apple could make just about any popular electronic and they'd sell millions. I could see Apple jumping into the market perhaps down the road. Google seems pretty set on buying up all the robotic talent there is in the word, so that could also be a natural fit in the long run.

I think we will see something major this year from both Epson and HP. Competition is about to heat up big time, meaning lots of innovation for sure.