Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have checked and triple checked the filament.
    I took things apart and the nozzle was good.
    the hot end hex piece had some debris in it, i drilled that out.
    on this piece here

should i be able to push a piece of filement all the way through it? i cant right now.. if i need to be able to, ill drill it out a bit more.
    thanks

yeah, there is a ridge inside this piece, down near the threads, about 1/4 of an inch up inside..its all the way around the inside of the barrell too. i cant push a filament piece past it. of course i dont have a drill bit that matches that hole perfectly to bore it out. or should i even be doing that?
    i cant imagine it isnt 100% necessary to free that debris.
    thoughts?
    Last edited by dunginhawk; 09-22-2015 at 01:48 PM.

anyone? should i be able to feed a piece of filament all the way through this piece in the picture? can i safely drill it out?

nevermind.. i picked and picked and picked and finally got it free... so i could push filament through it.... trying a test print now

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    What was your result of your print?

result of the print was perfect... no issues at all. running another one now... However, this isnt the print that failed that started it all... I got the taz 5 to help with that

Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    result of the print was perfect... no issues at all. running another one now... However, this isnt the print that failed that started it all... I got the taz 5 to help with that
    I think 2 things may be to blame. 210 degree PLA, and a LONG LONG print... the heat creep i assume

Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    I think 2 things may be to blame. 210 degree PLA, and a LONG LONG print... the heat creep i assume
    I have seen that happen. I have a roll of PLA that needs 210 degrees and if it is a long print and the nozzle is only putting out a tiny amount of filament... It can plug. And the other thing that happens is after a print, the printer shuts everything down. Half the time I have to extract the filament and cut off a few inches because it ends up being too big to feed through the extruder. The good news is that roll is almost used up!!!

I have the same problem on my printer that is in my garage. When it is over 95F outside, I can not print. I usually try printing when a storm blows thru and the temp drops to about 75-80f. I am in the process of making a machined part to add water cooling. I'll post if it works out well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12