Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Student

Question thin wall test- failed

Hello,

I made a cube with 0,5mm walls. 3 of the walls are with 0,54 (measured with micrometer)mm in my tolerance. But the backwall have a measure of 0,61mm. I slice with Skeinforge 50. I dont know why the backwall is different to the others .
    And how i can influence the wallthickness? I tried under Speed "Flow Rate Setting", but it doesnt have effect to the print.

Can anyone help me?

cu Ole

PS: Sorry for my english, greetz from northern germany

First - Is your printer aligned?
    I can get similar issues when its is not aligned or loose belts.
    What is your printer (brand or type)

I generally use slic3r for prints and this has some good options.
    Flow Rate might not help with the wall thickness.

What size nozzle?

Student
    Hey, thanks for your answer, what do you mean with aligned? My printbed is aligned. The belts should be right, but i will check it tomorrow. Its a Wanhao duplicator 3 ( makerbot replicator 2x replica i think) nozzle is 0,4mm.
    I thought already about to change from skeinforge to slic3r, maybe i have to make this...

cu and good night ( here it is 10:36 pm )
    Ole

Student
    Hey guys,

its me again. The main belts are tight, the secondary belt (aidbelt? Or how called this belt between stepper and shaft of mainbelt?) was a bit loose, i fixed it. But I cant imagine, that this is the point. And why the single line extrusion should have a other width, when the y-Axis belt is loose?

cu

Ole

Engineer
    aligned meaning is the bed perfectly level? if your bed is a little tighter to the nozzle in the back then the line will be squished a little more making it wider. however, that should only effect the very lower layers.

Student
    I leveled my bed again. It was closely perfect. But after leveling i have the same problem. I can notice, that the back lower layers have the normal look,but the higher layers at the back push them each other away. The higher layers have 0,7mm and the lower layers 0,59, though still too thick.

In second try, with corrected perimeter, the three walls have 0,51mm, the lower layers of the back 0,56 and the higher layers of the back 0,62mm

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    We use Slic3r, and have never seen this issue.

Is the back wall defined any differently in your 3D model?

Is your printer laying down a straight bead (just too thick), or is there any zig-zag stitching going on when that section prints?

How does this compare (head movement) to when the other walls are deposited?

Student
    I dont made the model, it is from the rep rap calibration site. Its a straight bead and the headmovement is similar to the other walls.

Then I will change to slic3r in the next days. Hope its not difficult to change from skeinforge to slic3r with 2 extruders.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    On the levels where the back wall is thicker, do the side walls get thicker as they get closer to the back, or are the side walls at that height a consistent thickness front to back?

Student
    The side walls are untouched. And the higher layers of the backwall arent thicker, they only have a offset to each other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast