Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    OK Hugues, just seen your latest response, and updated Parallels (eSATA drive fix, which I'm booting from)
    I saw the cross!!
    I looked at the focussing distance, and it's 43cm, so it's the same as what I found out with the white paper and the masks. 8)
    At this point there is a slight zigzag, or pixelation to the horizontal line evident, and I'd have to say there is something slightly wrong with your set up.

It is Sunday, and I'll just flip out of OS X and do a test scan now. Only flat thing I have got is an iPhone 6!

Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    OK Hugues, just seen your latest response, and updated Parallels (eSATA drive fix, which I'm booting from)
    I saw the cross!!
    I looked at the focussing distance, and it's 43cm, so it's the same as what I found out with the white paper and the masks. 8)
    At this point there is a slight zigzag, or pixelation to the horizontal line evident, and I'd have to say there is something slightly wrong with your set up.

It is Sunday, and I'll just flip out of OS X and do a test scan now. Only flat thing I have got is an iPhone 6!
    So now i'm starting to get some elements to discuss with Eric. How's that my cross is sharp at 50cm !?

Only flat thing is your iphone 6 ? Don't you have walls and a floor where you live ? LOL, mind you, with the price of the iphone 6, you probably had to part out with your house LOL,

Would appreciate if you can post your plane test here, that would really settle it for me.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hugues,
    I was just looking for a flat object, so thinking glass.
    BTW, I live in a mud hut, so the walls aren't flat. :P
    Anyway tried an Apple SuperDrive, but this happened, and that was after recalibrating.
    superdrive-scan.jpg

Mike
    Last edited by 24c; 09-20-2015 at 05:17 AM.

Ok,
    Are the corners curled if you look at it sideways ?
    You should look at it sideways before meshing, right after the scan is finished, easier to see.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hugues,
    No my corners aren't curled the whole thing looks pretty flat, but it got confused by the object on the turntable. If they have symmetry or similar features the alignment per turntable step gets confused.

Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 21.05.22.jpg Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 21.06.04.jpg

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    Found out today that my projector focus was at 50 cm because the front lens was probably not set right.

There are 2 tiny holes on the ring of the projector lens, i carefully rotated the lens counter-clock wise for a few degrees only and i could bring the focus back to 42-43 cm, which is the focus of the cameras it seems. So now my cross is focus at 42-43 cm.

I did a re-calibration with this and re-scanned, i think i have sharper details, but not 100% sure.

The sad thing though is that my left corners are still curled.

But anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12