Close

Removed left extruder

I have removed the left extruder and set my flashforge to one extruder in the settings, My quality of the printed parts has vastly increased due to the 2nd nozzle not dragging over the part. If I need to dual extrude I have ordered a quick connector that I am going to mount on the back and create a loom so I can plug it in again and dual extrude in about 5-10 minutes.
    Its also much easier to level the print bed.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Hmm have you modified your end-stop parameters then?

You realize if you remove a head from a dual head machine, then you will never be able to use the entire hot bed area until you recalibrate, as when you do the bed levelling on the dual extruder you will notice the nozzle on that side will go to the edge of the bed, when it goes to the other side for levelling, it's the other head that goes to the edge, so when you are printing its always going to think that when it hits the end of the build tray thats as far as it can go, but in reality its still got another inch or so.

I ordered a secondary extruder with a single head for that very reason, it can be a real pain can't it the nozzle drag.
    Last edited by Geoff; 02-22-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by colin85 View Post
    I have removed the left extruder and set my flashforge to one extruder in the settings, My quality of the printed parts has vastly increased due to the 2nd nozzle not dragging over the part. If I need to dual extrude I have ordered a quick connector that I am going to mount on the back and create a loom so I can plug it in again and dual extrude in about 5-10 minutes.
    Its also much easier to level the print bed.
    Colin - Can you advise how you removed one extruder by itself? I'm considering using the same "fix" for mine because the nozzle drag is ruining about every other print, no matter how many times I re-level. My dual extruder, however, looks like it's all one unit (or at the very least it's all wired together). I was thinking my only option would be to remove the nozzle itself. Any advice you have would be great.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by roykirk View Post
    Colin - Can you advise how you removed one extruder by itself? I'm considering using the same "fix" for mine because the nozzle drag is ruining about every other print, no matter how many times I re-level. My dual extruder, however, looks like it's all one unit (or at the very least it's all wired together). I was thinking my only option would be to remove the nozzle itself. Any advice you have would be great.
    Refer to this thread for a simpler fix that allows you to keep the second head.

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...-across-prints