Close

AutoDesk Extends $98 3D printer Offers For Teachers

In my opinion it's pretty crazy that teachers across the nation can pick up a $2400+ Makerbot Replicator for $98, or less, thanks to a recent promotion by Autodesk, Makerbot, and Donorschoose. Over 239 printers have already been given away to teachers, but many more will follow.

Here are the details of the promotion:
    http://3dprint.com/makerbot-replicat...anks-autodesk/

If you teach a K-12 class, I highly recommend you apply for this offer for your classroom. If you have already, than please update us on the progress of your application!

Engineer
    Promos like this is what will take 3D Printing mainstream. Within 5 years nearly all High school graduates will have experience within the field. This is why America will continue to keep the tech advantage.

Hopefully Makerbot continues this until every school in the US is able to have a replicator in their classroom. Like Apple did in the late 90's and early 2000's they can penetrate school, and keep students loyal when they graduate.

Do I have to create a new project on DonorsChoce if I created one in November during the first offering?

Engineer
    Hmm, I'm not sure if anyone here can answer that. I would say to either contact the site directly or perhaps just go for it and submit again. Couldn't hurt.

Goodluck!

Thanks, Larry. I appreciate you input.

Student
    Note: This is also committing those schools to a lifetime of proprietary 3D printing supplies. =( I wish the Open Source community could rally around this topic

Technologist
    Follow RAMTechRob On Twitter
    I bought a M3D printer for my son's high school during the kickstarter campaign. Seemed like a good idea. They come over all the time to use my printer, and seem to enjoy what they are making.