Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shifting layers

Engineer
    yes you will need your marlin firmware of course but what i am talking about is the version of arduino itself which you download from the arduino website. you need an older version. i follow some talk with some developers which is way over my head but this has been a long going problem which no one really figured out what the actual cause was until recently. something about the way marlin is written doesnt jive right with the newer arduino versions so when its compiled there is some kind of bug produced that causes skips if your speed and acceleration are too high. if they are really low you wont see the issue. until it get all worked out you need arduino 1.5.6 or earlier. just double checked that version and its correct.

Student
    Problem is, so far I've only figured out how to get the repetier firmware to work.
    Half that is, some problems with the end stops and stuff.

Haven't got marlin to work with the lid controller yet and have no idea why.

Was uploading marlin with arduino 1.5.0 and repetier 0.91 with arduino 1.0.6.

Edit:
    So now got the latest firmware from the reseller, seems to be repetier 0.91 version so have to use arduino 1.0.6 for that.
    Uploaded and working for a bit, now when I tell the printer to go to the home position it goes up and hits the end stops but doesn't stop trying to move up.
    Can't really figure out which setting I need for this yet though.
    Last edited by eXodus; 09-20-2015 at 06:48 AM.

I had exactly the same problem. All of a sudden I got shifted layers on my delta printer, all in the same direction (for me it was towards the z-tower). I tried to tighten belts, lower/higher stepper driver current and different firmware, both Marlin and Repetier, nothing worked. What I did in the end was that I moved the stepper driver for my z-tower to my empty slot (which normally is for a second extruder on RAMPS 1.4) and reconfigured the "pin.h" file in the firmware so that my z-tower motor now is driven from the "E1" slot on the RAMPS board. That solved my problem! I guess it was a hardware problem with either the Arduino or RAMPS board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123