Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook

Einscan-S working on iMac, Cinema Display, and a Thunderbolt MD Port to VGA adapter

Hi

Following on from the MacBook Pro with Parallels 11 install, running Windows 8.1 Pro & successfully using the Einscan software, I decided to test the new to me Late 2013 iMac with 4GB Graphics Card.

i loaded up Parallels 11 on the new iMac, installed Windows 8.1 Pro and Einscan-S V1.5 software.
    Configured desktops so that's 2560x1440 x2 and 800x600 for Einscan-S
    Calibrated scanner, and completed a test colour scan.

Screenshots, from screen 1 (OS X), 2 (Windows), & projector (white screen)

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 01.02.13 (2).jpg Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 01.02.13.jpg Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 01.02.13 (3).jpg

Very smooth and a lot faster than the Early 2011 Macbook Pro, as well as gaining another screen into the bargain, as the newer machine has an extra Thunderbolt port.
    I can now work on something else on the Mac platform whilst the scanner does its stuff on the turntable. Obviously when I am doing Free scans I won't be able to do anything else.

Mike

PS The only thing of note, was I disabled USB3 in Parallels, and used a powered D Link USB2 hub to connect the cameras.
    PPS You don't need to buy the subscription version of Parallels AFAIK, you can by the standalone versioning instal Visual Studio on this.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib.../jj945424.aspx
    Last edited by 24c; 09-06-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Just a quick update,

As I was scanning while I was typing the post above the software crashed, so I rescanned the test object, and it's just done it again. I think might be a directory issue with the saving operation.
    So although it works in principle, something isn't quite the same as before.

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 01.03.12.jpg

Time for bed, play again later.
    Mike
    Last edited by 24c; 09-06-2015 at 07:16 PM.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Well almost time to hit the sack, but I decided to check the Einscan-S folder, and the scan data is there! It's just not saved as a mesh. :?

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 01.21.51.jpg

Mike

Mike:the rge files are temporary files generated while scanning , if the scanning is finished well and the STL is exported rightly , the rge files will be deleted automatically by software , if the software crashes while scanning , the temporary files will be stay in the installation folder .Eric

Hi ,Mike please tell me which step was processing when the software crashed , scanning or meshing? If you could , please send the temporary .rge files which are in the installation folder to me , we will analysis and improve the stability of our software .My Email : wangwenbin@shining3d.comThank you ! best regards .

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hi Eric_Wang,

It was after the "Simplicify"step and it just sit of hung at the 40S step, never quite got to the end of the progress bar, and then the Dialog box came up.

OK, that's great, do you guys have a Dropbox account for support services, just an idea as some files might be getting bigger?
    Fortunately in this case, it was a turntable test scan, that had meshed before (Stanley tape measure), so is just 8 scans in total & 15.5MB zipped

Email being sent, just waiting for Windows Update to finish.

Many thanks
    Mike

PS Do you think one day we will be able to open, recover or use the .rge files in the software?

Hi

Mike

If you have some files too big to send using email , maybe you can use mailbigfile to do it ,http://free.mailbigfile.com/. Sorry I couldn't use the Dropbox , like Google , the government has blocked these websites .

Eric

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Eric,

Sorry forgot about that, ignore Dropbox links I sent you, but I have zipped them and sending two emails as we speak, after sorting out my email SMTP, which oddly decided not to work.
    I have a 10MB limit with this, the files are 15.5MB, so sending an 8MB zipped file for ScanData0-3, and a 7MB file for ScanData4-7.

I will use mailbigfile next time, as first attachment has almost sent. I live in a rural area, Broadband is very slow here, but thanks for the prompt update. what time is it where you are (afternoon now?)

Mike

Hi Mike

thanks for your support . I have got both emails . yes , its 3:22pm .

Eric

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Wenbin,

I took some screenshots of the "Details" log as I couldn't resize. They are listed here...maybe this will help.
    Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 10.57.06.png Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 10.57.23.png Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 10.57.43.png

Yep, and I know you've left work now!

Mike
    Last edited by 24c; 09-07-2015 at 05:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast